• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Yong heng filling 60 minute scba from empty

Heavyopp - where did you get the radiator? Do you have a purchase link? Looks like a fine setup.​

I’ve had this radiator in a box for awhile, bought for a tig cooler project but went a different route

I think it was from amazon but not sure. Searching the part number on amazon doesn’t bring up the exact picture but I didn’t look real hard. The one I have happens to have the right sized barbed fittings.

F0C254C8-BE67-48D5-B378-CAE50BD3A7B6.jpeg

I run an automotive transmission cooler with a muffin fan pulling air through it, upgraded the water pump, and it still gets to about 55C if I'm filling my 300 bar 3L tank. Takes a good 10 minutes from 180 bar.

I used to freak when it would go above 50C, but realized it never goes much higher than that. Now I just let it run til full and keep venting the low side water every so often, more so in the first few minutes because they make most of that moisture during that time.

Keep up on the oil changes and don't let the water get low, it'll be fine.

That small trans cooler seems hard to find — here’s one on ebay...

You can buy a universal inline transmission cooler at just about any auto parts store. Find them online cheaper, just gotta wait on shipping.

made a few small changes - added another fan to the radiator setup
removed the handle from the yong heng to promote better airflow over the cast iron head

tank has cooled and is now around 275 bar — gonna top it of

starting water temp is around 55 degrees - room temperature, same water as last nights run
You may want to check for any leaks or faulty gauge. I've gone from empty to 300 bar several times, non stop with new tanks and usually only get about 10 bar drop after the tank cools. Just my 2 cents.

You may want to check for any leaks or faulty gauge. I've gone from empty to 300 bar several times, non stop with new tanks and usually only get about 10 bar drop after the tank cools. Just my 2 cents.
What size tanks?
I would think the larger the tank the more heated air in it, which would turn into more pressure loss as it cools.

I filled 2 60 minute tanks on 2 separate days. Both dropped to around 275 bar once cooled.

Also a device built in to raise the pressure to 140 bar inside the filter before it allows air to pass, this promotes water seperation. Drain every 5 minutes or so.

View attachment 332961
Heavyopp,

Can you tell me about this back pressure device that holds until the pressure gets to 140 bar? Maybe a link would be even better?

It’s built into the water separator/filter — I didn’t build it — not a separate device
Well, maybe if I don't let my tank, bottle, rifle drop below 150 bar, it won't take too long to fill up my molecular sieve unit. Although while it's filling I think I understand that the drive won't be doing much in the way of removing moisture as pressure is required to make that happen. I was hoping it was a simple inline add-on.