Yong Heng Fill Times for longevity. How long to fill your larger tanks?

My integrated fan does a good job and is as cheap as an external fan. Just requires some of that hobby stuff. And the water 💧(sorry TMH) jackets work great and no added ice. Pick whatever works for your pice of mind and skills instilled in your training. Have a wonderful Day! I have!

I do think the "integrated fan" you note would help cool the entire unit but I believe it does so by cooling the motor primarily. An external fan directed across the head and tubes is moving air across an area that the "integrated fan" doesn't seem to be able to do based on it's location (low and inside the housing). As to operating temps, mine rarely exceeds 50, even in 100 degree summer air, using ice in 2 gallons of water and an external fan directed at the head/tubes. Is 50 better than 60? I think so, but maybe not.

My integrated fan does a good job and is as cheap as an external fan. Just requires some of that hobby stuff. And the water 💧(sorry TMH) jackets work great and no added ice. Pick whatever works for your pice of mind and skills instilled in your training. Have a wonderful Day! I have!

I do think the "integrated fan" you note would help cool the entire unit but I believe it does so by cooling the motor primarily. An external fan directed across the head and tubes is moving air across an area that the "integrated fan" doesn't seem to be able to do based on it's location (low and inside the housing). As to operating temps, mine rarely exceeds 50, even in 100 degree summer air, using ice in 2 gallons of water and an external fan directed at the head/tubes. Is 50 better than 60? I think so, but maybe not.

I agree, I dont think that internal fan hits those pipes or the top part of that head, I bought a cheap rechargeable 10,000mah fan and clip it right on the handle of the yong heng blowing right at the top part of the 2 stage system and pipes and I believe that it does help, the fan blows pretty hard for a little fan in a concentrated circle, and having it aimed right at the those pipes lowers the temp, I have noticed after 10min of running my temps seem to be 1-2c lower then normal using the YH built in temp gauge. Using my digital laser thermometer which is hard to get an accurate reading because everything is so shiny appears to show a 5-7deg cooler temp but that is just a ballpark because its hard to get a good reading. 

I think I am also noticing less of a pressure drop after filling my bottles after adding the fan. 

I agree, I dont think that internal fan hits those pipes or the top part of that head, I bought a cheap rechargeable 10,000mah fan and clip it right on the handle of the yong heng blowing right at the top part of the 2 stage system and pipes and I believe that it does help, the fan blows pretty hard for a little fan in a concentrated circle, and having it aimed right at the those pipes lowers the temp, I have noticed after 10min of running my temps seem to be 1-2c lower then normal using the YH built in temp gauge. Using my digital laser thermometer which is hard to get an accurate reading because everything is so shiny appears to show a 5-7deg cooler temp but that is just a ballpark because its hard to get a good reading. 

I think I am also noticing less of a pressure drop after filling my bottles after adding the fan.

I agree. I do think the "integral fan" added by rc4fun is a good idea as it probably helps cool the motor more than the stock fan but that is just my opinion. I really don't think that there is any way that such a fan can cool the head/tubes in any meaningful way and an external fan directed at the area in question is the way to go. Whether all of this actually would make the lifespan of the compressor longer is another question, but it makes me feel better to see it run cooler. 

One tiny drop of dish detergent in the bucket of water to act as a surfactant. This breaks surface tension of the water and allows it to wet the aluminum surface better.

Evaporative cooling. Wrap cotton cloth or gauze around the stainless hard lines and keep it wet while filling your tank. This acts as a swamp cooler and carries away around 1000btu of heat per pound of water evaporated. A fan will help but I would keep all the air moving in the same direction. You can secure the cotton with wire twists. Wrap the cotton with it wet so that it maintains better contact.

"A fan will help"

It helps a lot. I've ran mine back to back with water alone, with ice added, and with the fan turned on. A noticeable temperature drop with each change is easily seen. The wrap you note should help but whether it is better (and easier) than a fan seems uncertain at best.

I said a fan will help the evaporative cooling. Let's not take things out of context. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

You can't let facts and science stand in the way when you're reinventing the wheel. We're all free to do it our own way.

"A fan will help"

It helps a lot. I've ran mine back to back with water alone, with ice added, and with the fan turned on. A noticeable temperature drop with each change is easily seen. The wrap you note should help but whether it is better (and easier) than a fan seems uncertain at best.

I said a fan will help the evaporative cooling. Let's not take things out of context. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

You can't let facts and science stand in the way when you're reinventing the wheel. We're all free to do it our own way.

No, it wasn't clear. It certainly seemed that you were saying a fan might help some but not as much as evaporative cooling. That is something you cannot know unless you've tried both methods side by side. I view a simple fan as easier and more consistent than trying to keep wraps wet but maybe that's just me. As you say, you are free to do it your own way.