• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Yong Heng fan.

If you are sure it is blowing the wrong way. Were it me I would remove the cover and turn the fan around. They would not say to check it, in the instructions, for no reason. There are lots of small screws on the cover. After they are removed it pulls up and off. Be careful as there are a couple of wires that need disconnected before the cover will come clear of the rest of the compressor. You can see the fan well afterwards. Probly a few more screws on the fan cover and it will be clear if needed.

I have the head pulled in the pic you don’t need to do that. ;^)

The fan is supposed to pull air from the rear, and push it thru the case forward across the cooling fins on the cylinder head..... On the factory fan, I can detect no real airflow....

I removed mine, and in doing so destroyed it.... I got a generic compressor fan from fleabay, that looked like it was a direct replacement.... It was a good bit larger.... I made it fit, but with no shroud. My airflow is easily 5x better. If not more.

DSC_1500.1612308197.JPG

The fan is supposed to pull air from the rear, and push it thru the case forward across the cooling fins on the cylinder head..... On the factory fan, I can detect no real airflow....

I removed mine, and in doing so destroyed it.... I got a generic compressor fan from fleabay, that looked like it was a direct replacement.... It was a good bit larger.... I made it fit, but with no shroud. My airflow is easily 5x better. If not more.

DSC_1500.1612308197.JPG

The fan is not there to cool the cylinders. Its only intended function is to provide cooling air for the windings of the electric motor. The air-water cooling on the cylinders requires no additional airflow for normal operation.

If I pull the cover off this thing I do believe reversing the fan motor leads would be an easier solution.

The fan in non-directional... It will always operate the same regardless of which direction it spins.

That is obviously correct. What is also obvious is the fan does not have a separate motor, It's attached directly to the main shaft of the electric motor.😉

The blades on the fan is 90 degrees. They are not at an angel. So reversing the motor or blade will do nothing. Thats just how the yong heng is made. The water is what cools the cylinder head. If you are worried about over heating. Use a traditional fan and have it blow in the front of the cylinder head to cool it even more.

All true. I use an external ducted fan blowing across the heads and it makes A LOT of difference in temperature, regardless of what "normal operation" is.

They copied a fan and found a cheaper way to make it. Hey boss if we make the blades straight it will be cheaper to make.
1f923.svg

I haven't even started mine yet, but saw the straight blades and thought what the heck is this.

It's common across a lot of TEFC motors, it cools adequately and works regardless of the direction of rotation required for a given application.

GsT