• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Yong Heng cooling

For 10 minute run I use about 10 gallons of tap water. I use 2 5 gallon buckets method, 1 for fresh/cool water and second for output/warm water. The water coming out even with upgraded pump is still 20-30 degrees warmer so I don’t want it to cycle back to the cool bucket. I just add more cool water as it get low and water my plants with the warmer water. 

this extends my run time by 2-3 minutes in the summer and I don’t need to make/buy ice.

How long it takes from 3000 to 4200 psi?

I have two of the larger tubing filters, one is an empty water separator with purge valve at the bottom, the other is full of molecular siv and cigarette style filter. I also use a one way after that so I can leave my tank open while pressure builds. 
It takes me about 22 min to fill

I also upgraded to a 2000 L/H pump

In the manual the recommended amount of water in the reservoir is 5gal. Good for ten minutes or so depending on your compressors environment. 

Adding frozen milk jugs or ice will get you a couple more minutes of use before you need to shutdown to keep it from overheating. I shutdown at 60C and let the pump continue to run to cool things down.

Distilled water is not a good thing to use as it will eventually cause pitting in the aluminum parts exposed to the water.

Plain filtered water will cool better than water with antifreeze added. If you want less corrosion use water wetter. It will cool better than plain filtered water and give you some protection from corrosion as well. Although in my testing using watered down antifreeze 80% water 20% antifreeze I did not see too much of a difference.

Too much filter volume will cause one to have less fill time before the required shutdown so it will take longer to fill. But then again you will need to use the appropriate filter for the environment you are in. So, those in higher humidity areas will naturally have a bigger filter and less filling time.

You can use one way valves and shutoffs to keep the pressure in the larger filters to keep fill times shorter and lengthen the life of some compressors that have short lifespans.

For most, I would think, putting the check valve on the input side of the filter, to stop pressure from blowing back out of the filter when you open the bleed valve of your compressor to purge it, would werq best. You would also need some kind of valve on the output side of the filter both to stop flow, when you are done filling, and allow you purge the air past the filter, and disconnect your gun or tank.

I was running the YH for about a year with tap water, approximately about 30 Hrs 3 filling large fireman tanks.

0.- Simultaneously filling a 5 Galon bucket and flashed the output hot water in a sink I could manage well over 1/2 Hr consistent running time /per session.

Last week I replaced the oil and seized the piston rod (I did not had enough oil in my own and the level was very low).

This week I rebuilt the compressor with new cylinder parts I already ordered earlier directly from YH aliexpress. The CA deposit from tap water in the cylinder cooling channels was visible but not really extreme to have some concern about.

1. - I cut out the rear plastic, removed the basic motor fan and attached directly one big volume blower fan which now can run even when the compressor is off....this shall balance better the cooling time. This fan from AC Infinity is not some PC cooling toy but a very serious workhorse fan.

2. - Also, I just replaced yesterday the House drinking water softener filters (these parts I moved from kitchen cabinet completely downstairs to the basement right next to furnace/AC, I have a drain there in the floor), this gave me an idea to tap the cooling from the water filter there and the hot output just flush down again in a drain tube.