Yong Heng cooling

anit-freeze doesnt cool as well as water. I cart my unit over to a sink and thow the pump in and run fresh water thru it. If not an option a set of ice packs and a bucket could be the ticket

I have a much larget rear cooling fan, too. Easily 5x more airflow
DSC_1500.1601431024.1628721946.jpeg

Plain water actually transfers heat better than water/antifreeze mix. If your YH could be exposed to freezing temps then adding antifreeze would be a good idea. Antifreeze will inhibit mineral deposits from forming and provide corrosion resistance. You can also use a product like Water Wetter to get the benefits of corrosion resistance and fight mineral deposits. Water Wetter is also meant to increase how well water transfers heat (by breaking surface tension) but it does not protect from freezing.

Now with that said - I tried water wetter and did not note any significant difference. Yes, I took notes of run time vs temp with and without Water Wetter.

Personally I run with plain tap (well) water and ice. I did a rebuild at 12 hours run time (had to replace top end piston) and I did not find any signs of fouling from water contaminants.

Like Gerry52 I also run a second fan blowing on the head and tubing.
20200324_150626.1628723374.jpg

Lots of different setups for YH cooling have been put together, as noted above. I use a standard tool box that holds roughly 2 gallons and add ice to that. I believe that the smaller water volume allows a reasonable amount of ice to cool the water more than a larger volume of water allows, but that is JMO. I also use a ducted fan blowing across the unit while running and it definitely does lower running temperatures. Over 3 years on mine now.

The YH requires two types of cooling. Water cooling does the piston while the motor is air cooled. I work in 95 to 100 F (40C I believe) shed when filling. Ice and a 5 gallon bucket only last so long. So, I follow the keep filling the bucket and pump the water out routine. Keeps the piston area nice and cool at under 50C. In the hot conditions, the motor will last about 20 minutes before it shuts down. So, I run for 15, stop, run for 15, stop and wait kind of filling. When the weather cools this fall, I'll be able to run it longer. Haven't put a fan on the motor yet due to location, but will be doing that soon.

The YH requires two types of cooling. Water cooling does the piston while the motor is air cooled. I work in 95 to 100 F (40C I believe) shed when filling. Ice and a 5 gallon bucket only last so long. So, I follow the keep filling the bucket and pump the water out routine. Keeps the piston area nice and cool at under 50C. In the hot conditions, the motor will last about 20 minutes before it shuts down. So, I run for 15, stop, run for 15, stop and wait kind of filling. When the weather cools this fall, I'll be able to run it longer. Haven't put a fan on the motor yet due to location, but will be doing that soon.

I top off a Great White tank usually from 3500 range back to around 4400 and it takes 10-12 minutes. They can work great for that type use.