Yong Heng cooling help.....

yong Heng Makes the best $300 compressor for the money. I ran one of them for a minute, but I always had trouble blowing lines over 4300 psi.

The best way to keep them cool is use a big bucket of water and a high flow pump. However it will only go so far, lots of people on here spend lots of money making the yong Heng something that it is not.

So you actually already have the answer if you don’t want to use ice or lots of cooling fluid.

1. Move to Alaska and use the Yukon river as a source, and maybe catch some gold from the waist water.

2. Buy something more expensive that doesn’t require massive modifications.

3. Just use it as what it is and don’t expect too much.

Reactions: BluegrassBill2020
Whats a good way to keep the yong Heng cold been using ice frozen in water bottles that's doing nothing.... I run a fan on the head already I'm thinking about adding copper lines to the pipes on the head and in the water.
Check out the Yong Heng Chop Shop on Youtube. They show all of that. YH"s make me appreciate my Tuxing 032.

I have a little bit larger aquarium pump on my YH + a radiator sold on Amazon for computers with two fans on the radiator + a fan blowing on the motor towards the fins of the first stage of the compressor. I need to go run it to refill my 45 minute SCBA tank. It is at about 3200 psi so it will take 15-20 minutes to fill. I will probably skip putting in a couple frozen soda bottles today since it isn't really hot here yet. I do that in the summer. My YH temperature rises quickly into the 50s C and then slows down dramatically. I filled my tank from maybe 250 bar - much lower than normal for me - last fill and ran the YH about 25 minutes to get the bottle up over 4000 psi. I did not take it all the way to 300 bar like normal. Took about 25 minutes and the temperature was just over 60 C when I finished.

I think I could refill two bottles in one session with mine but would want to put in ice bottles and I would have to shift my goal or limit up to the 70 C rating to have a realistic chance of doing it. I have water wetter in it and don't want to dillute it by putting in raw ice. More ice bottles might help (I normally use two) but the best would probably be just allow the YH to cool for 15 minutes between bottles (with the cooling going). That should get the YH head temp back down to the 30s C.

I think the main benefit of wrapping the lines would be to reduce the chance you burn yourself on them. I doubt it will help the YH stay cool very well.

Reactions: anonymous_.457
Yeah that got fixed I figured out the oil problem it wasn't the piston................
AND....? Do you think you can say what it WAS, not what it wasn't? That's how this works here. If you post a problem, POST THE SOLUTION TOO! That way it might help someone else dealing with the same thing. Can't believe I'm having to explain this to you. Is this Conner? THAT would explain a lot. :ROFLMAO: 🤪:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Scotty1
AND....? Do you think you can say what it WAS, not what it wasn't? That's how this works here. If you post a problem, POST THE SOLUTION TOO! That way it might help someone else dealing with the same thing. Can't believe I'm having to explain this to you. Is this Conner? THAT would explain a lot. :ROFLMAO: 🤪:ROFLMAO:
When you mentioned that name I remember it was confirmed by an admin that he is conner;)

Reactions: Gerry52
He has five separate threads in this category alone. Don’t Bogart the forum, my friend …

Reactions: SteveV and Gerry52
So are you saying your temp for the compressor head goes over 65 degrees? One way to test is get the temperature of the water source, if you are recirculating then your water source would get warm to hot in about 10-15 minutes in the summer. So you can either add ice or not recirculate, in the summer I use fresh cool tap water in one bucket and waste water goes into another bucket. Obviously you need to keep an eye on it and make sure your source doesn't run dry and your waste bucket doesn't over flow.

Also the motor gets pretty hot so I always run a fan to help with cooling especially after the compressor stops. You should only run them up to 30 minutes at a time and let the electric motor cool down for at least 10 minutes with fan on. Mine has been trouble free for years filling the 3 subs tanks I own.

Reactions: Dog