Yong Heng compressors: which is the best one to get?

So I was on the Wal-Mart website and noticed that there are a few different Yong Heng compressors and I was curious as to which is the best one to get? They're all so inexpensive that if one is worth the extra couple of bucks then it's easily justifiable. Tanks I will be filling are 300cc 250 bar tank on my M3 Compact, 700cc 300 bar tank on my M3 Sniper, and my AV 6.8L tank. Thanks.

Reactions: Floridaairgunner
Just make sure it's not a YH copy/clone. Don't get auto shut off, you want to monitor the fill process & not depend on a device to stop it at the proper pressure. It's safer that way imho.
Agree,
Also not sure why the QX compressor is not more often recommended.
I've had mine for over 2 years without issue.
I will add however that I shoot solo and are only filling my guns.

Just make sure it's not a YH copy/clone. Don't get auto shut off, you want to monitor the fill process & not depend on a device to stop it at the proper pressure. It's safer that way imho.
I'm purchasing from Wal-Mart.
EDIT: Holy moly there are a lot of non-Yong Heng compressors that have the Yong Heng name on them!

Last edited:
abqjoe,
Authentic Yong Hengs come in 5 models; Simple, Hardcover, Set Pressure, Auto-Stop and Digital. Hardcover and Set Pressure are the ones Biohazardman recommends, although, if you can afford it, the Digital Model is satisfactory. Hardcover Model, though rarely called that, can be distinguished by solid glass on gauge (no center adjust knob) and Cyclonic Water Separator mounted on side. Cyclonic Water Separator is upright rectangular aluminum block with red plastic capped low pressure release ring facing front. Making sure you get an authentic is the tricky part. I've always understood the designation of YONGYIHENG Pneumatic Co, LTD. as manufacturer, on the compressor side plate, was proof of authenticity, in addition to Yong Heng printed in white letters on side. Unfortunately, you can't read the side plate until you've unboxed the compressor, advertising photos can't be trusted. We had an authentic YH seller on eBay, however, he no long lists them in inventory. I'm unable to suggest an alternative, guess you'll just have to take a chance. WM
IMG_20220306_111739.jpg

Reactions: abqjoe
abqjoe,
Authentic Yong Hengs come in 5 models; Simple, Hardcover, Set Pressure, Auto-Stop and Digital. Hardcover and Set Pressure are the ones Biohazardman recommends, although, if you can afford it, the Digital Model is satisfactory. Hardcover Model, though rarely called that, can be distinguished by solid glass on gauge (no center adjust knob) and Cyclonic Water Separator mounted on side. Cyclonic Water Separator is upright rectangular aluminum block with red plastic capped low pressure release ring facing front. Making sure you get an authentic is the tricky part. I've always understood the designation of YONGYIHENG Pneumatic Co, LTD. as manufacturer, on the compressor side plate, was proof of authenticity, in addition to Yong Heng printed in white letters on side. Unfortunately, you can't read the side plate until you've unboxed the compressor, advertising photos can't be trusted. We had an authentic YH seller on eBay, however, he no long lists them in inventory. I'm unable to suggest an alternative, guess you'll just have to take a chance. WMView attachment 300339
Thank you, seems to be hard to find the real deal. I'll keep hunting, thanks for the info.

Reactions: WorriedMan
Search best-homepro user on ebay - he is a good one to buy from. Many here on AGN will agree. His prices are low and he sells legit YH.

Also - get the hardcover without auto-shutoff. The auto-shutoff is a risky proposition, the gauges are horrible and the needle bounces around like mad, the cutoff uses 120v line voltage and arcs a lot as the needle bounces near cutoff. Explosion is a reality.

1666815226718.png

abqjoe,
Looking at CT's photo, you'll notice a broken part of the gauge being held towards the left. The Hardcover Model won't have this red plastic adjust knob in center of gauge, will be solid circle of glass. Set Pressure and Auto-Stop Models use this adjust knob, avoid these options, they're not worth the extra cost, nor the extra risk, as CT and Gerry have said. WM

abqjoe,
Looking at CT's photo, you'll notice a broken part of the gauge being held towards the left. The Hardcover Model won't have this red plastic adjust knob in center of gauge, will be solid circle of glass. Set Pressure and Auto-Stop Models use this adjust knob, avoid these options, they're not worth the extra cost, nor the extra risk, as CT and Gerry have said. WM
Thanks for the info. Is aliexpress a reliable source to purchase a Yong Heng from?

lol best one to get .. understanding the dynamics is key to that in my book .. they all come from the same place and yong heng is as generic as the next .. what you want is a late model that hasnt changed hands 50 times and been returned several and sat for years .. hence a reputable vendor that moves alot is what id look for, not little knobs and do-hickeys lol .. smarketbuy i know sent me a fresh one, all i can tell ya .. wallyworld and ebay, well, good luck with that ..
..this is my 2yo one, note the line routing and blocks, it needs to look like that ..gauge i dont give a dam about lol, it could be either, and you need a torpedo filter like that gold one, all it does is condense moisture i wouldnt waste your money on anything fancy

IMG_20221027_114207.jpg

Last edited:
lol best one to get .. understanding the dynamics is key to that in my book .. they all come from the same place and yong heng is as generic as the next .. what you want is a late model that hasnt changed hands 50 times and been returned several and sat for years .. hence a reputable vendor that moves alot is what id look for, not little knobs and do-hickeys lol .. smarketbuy i know sent me a fresh one, all i can tell ya .. wallyworld and ebay, well, good luck with that ..
And so which dealer do you recommend? I was thinking of Wal-Mart because I've heard they offer up to a 4 year warranty for 45 bucks.

Here's a link I just found. $281 includes shipping! Real YH Hardcover with cyclonic separator.

Smarketbuy 110V 30MPa Electric Air Compressor Pump High Pressure Airgun Compressor Rifle PCP Inflator Air Pump (30Mpa air compressor) https://a.co/d/5LhQ4ny
Correct me if I'm wrong but that one doesn't look like a genuine YH?

I ordered my YH from Amazon due mainly to their excellent return policy (it has the right labels on the machine). I have always been able to return purchases by clicking a few boxes to explain why and taking the purchase to their designated drop location (local). I did not buy the extra warranty, I've seen poor reviews from others that tried to use those. They are nearly always a waste of money (cars, appliances, etc.). I think really good oil is not a waste of money. I use Nuvair. I order things from Alliexpress (like extra white elements for the stock YH filter) but normally only relatively low priced items I don't think I'll need to return or need warranty service on. Sometimes their shipping is included or reasonable but often recently it has been prohibitive. I agree an extra filter is appropriate, especially if you are filling SCBA tanks but I don't think the big gold one is necessary. I have one but do not use it. I had a smaller black one first and I filled it with color change dessicant. I change the white element in the stock filter after every tank fill but rarely have to change the color change beads. Seems like they are not seeing hardly any moisture. I have both filters above the YH so water drains back to the compressor. I vent every 5 minutes and noticable water comes out. I put a one way valve in the outlet of my extra filter. That way I do not have to worry about the SCBA tank pressurizing the YH or air escaping the SCBA when I vent the YH and turn it off. But if you do that, do not dead head the line out of the filter. You have no way to vent it.

Short version, I recommend Amazon purchase so you can return it easily if there is an issue, Nuvair oil, extra filter with color change dessicant but not necessary the huge gold one, and a one way valve in the output of the extra filter.