• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Yong heng compressor.

Break it in before you run a tank fill. My oil needed to be changed with about 10 mins of run from new.

Open the bleed valve.

Dead head the fill ship (or attach to you tank with tank valve closed). Fill and release to 1k, 2k, 3k,. Check your YH vague vs your tank gague. Check oil...change oil.

Set up for first tank run. Set timer on your phone for 20 mins. 

A). Turn on pump, close bleed valve, open tank and watch the timer. Then, close tank valve and open bleed off valve. Allow pump to run a/o load for 30 seconds. Shut off air pump, let the water pump continue to run for 5 mins. Go back to A (except for start the pump before you open the tank valve. Never start the pump against pressure in the system!!) and start over. I try to keep my runs 20-30 minutes even after the break in, and never allow it to get too hot.

Shoot'em good!

It bears repeating, and it was kinda buried in the above.... Please,.... Never start the pump against pressure in the system!!

Hello, New to the forum and PCP airguns. I just purchased a YH from Walmart. With the 4 year protection plan ($45) it was still cheaper than Amazon! They are now an authorized dealer.Don't know if that will help anything but it sounds good! I am posting about the proper oil for break in period. According to the "Royal Purple" website they don't recommend using their synthetic oil for breaking in piston rings.They have a break in oil which allows the rings to properly wear in to the cylinder. This is automotive oil and I wouldn't be using this. Just referring to the fact that a piston ring is a piston ring!

https://royalpurpledirect.com/engine-break-in-oil/ 

O'Rielys has a AW 46 hydraulic oil. This oil is formulated with high quality, refined base stocks and select additives to provide wear protection and anti-foam properties, which is what YH specifies for full time use. But that is what Royal Purple recommends for proper piston ring seating.also. If you don't seat your rings properly you can have oil blow by of your crank case oil. So I will break it in with AW46 and then run Royal Purple from then on.

What would you think a proper break in period would be? Perhaps an hour under progressively higher pressure loads? I really have not seen this issue addressed here and maybe I'm way off base.

I decided not to carry buckets of water to cool the YH compressor. So a made up a cooling system with a 12 tube CPU two fan radiator, a dc pump and power supply and a universal coolant recovery tank. I filled with one quart of Yamaha motorcycle antifreeze and added two ounces of purple ice. This should protect the system. The power supply had four leads so I purchased connectors to match and wired in the two fans and coolant pump. Mounted the assembly on a HF platform dolly and now I have a fill station. 
6ED8CDE8-75E6-4D2A-99FC-BAA2A815DDB4.1612092985.jpeg

I decided not to carry buckets of water to cool the YH compressor. So a made up a cooling system with a 12 tube CPU two fan radiator, a dc pump and power supply and a universal coolant recovery tank. I filled with one quart of Yamaha motorcycle antifreeze and added two ounces of purple ice. This should protect the system. The power supply had four leads so I purchased connectors to match and wired in the two fans and coolant pump. Mounted the assembly on a HF platform dolly and now I have a fill station. 
6ED8CDE8-75E6-4D2A-99FC-BAA2A815DDB4.1612092985.jpeg

Nice arrangement.

Webby,

VERY nice setup you have devised!

As a newbie would like to ask some questions on your setup.

i plan on getting a young heng compressor to fill the internal tank on the Benjamin SAM Marauder i just ordered. 

Was originally going to get from a 99%+ rated vendor on Ebay but i think i read that getting from walmart + the 4 year extended warranty some have commented on makes a lot of sense to me knowing where the product is made, as shown here:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Yong-Heng-exclusive-authorized-High-Pressure-30MPa-Air-Compressor-Pump-Electric-High-Pressure-System-Rifle-110V/968245645

1. any info on that approach?
  2. The bronze in-line desicant housing/filter you have added, where did you buy that?
  3. Can you expand on your "with a 12 tube CPU two fan radiator, a dc pump and power supply and a universal coolant recovery tank."? don't understand '12 tube' in your description. The pump comes w/ the compressor doesn't it? You use the PS (pictured on the ground next to the cart?) to power the pump and the dual fan? Where did you get the 4 lead PS?
  4. The Marauder has a 'foster connection' on it's internal tank, i suppose i need to buy a fitting to put on the output hose from the compressor, since the fitting described on the compressor output is listed as "8mm quick connect fitting" which doesn't sound like a 'foster fitting'. If correct what and where can i get that fitting?
  5. Where did you buy the reservoir?
  6. Other than the HF cart, any other things needed to replicate your very clean and impressive looking setup?
    [/LIST=1]

If you don't mind taking the time to answer my detailed questions, it would enable me to benefit from all you have learned when putting your charging station together and would be highly appreciated!

Best wishes,

pagedw