Yong Heng Compressor Question

The Yong Heng Compressor has an aluminum block on the low pressure side and the high pressure side. I would like to know what the approximate pressure is inside the aluminum water separator on the low pressure side where moisture is manually bled.

1551453755_9167168845c794e3bead305.60708994_Screenshot_31.png

So the low pressure section and compressor itself are actually a portable unit as used by "normal" people for things like air tools, spray guns, etc. You'll see the block, breather, crank case, etc recycled on things like harbor freight compressors. Based on that, I would guess the "low pressure" side is somewhere aroud 120-180PSI. This will likely vary depending on a variety of different factors, including how efficient/leaky your high pressure side is and how high a total output pressure you're running the machine to. 

If you measure the diameter of your low pressure side piston head and use that to calculate the area, and then multiply that by the stroke, you have your total low pressure side displacement. From there you could also probably guestimate what your maximum compression ratio is based on the slack space in the system between that and the check valve at the high pressure side. That would be your theoretical maximum, as you can only pull air up to ambient pressure into the low pressure side. 

It is all just a guess, and some napkin math, but I hope that helps.

So the low pressure section and compressor itself are actually a portable unit as used by "normal" people for things like air tools, spray guns, etc. You'll see the block, breather, crank case, etc recycled on things like harbor freight compressors. Based on that, I would guess the "low pressure" side is somewhere aroud 120-180PSI. This will likely vary depending on a variety of different factors, including how efficient/leaky your high pressure side is and how high a total output pressure you're running the machine to. 

If you measure the diameter of your low pressure side piston head and use that to calculate the area, and then multiply that by the stroke, you have your total low pressure side displacement. From there you could also probably guestimate what your maximum compression ratio is based on the slack space in the system between that and the check valve at the high pressure side. That would be your theoretical maximum, as you can only pull air up to ambient pressure into the low pressure side. 

It is all just a guess, and some napkin math, but I hope that helps.

thank you sir i appreciate it.