Yong heng compressor or altaros booster pump

If you're happy with the big Yong, keep plugging along and save the money you're considering spending on an Altaros. My initial post here was just to describe my experiences with both methods of filling tanks. One is not necessarily "better" than the other, but two VERY different ways to top off tanks.

I think you missed my point. With the Altaros I'm not sitting there waiting. Turn it on and walk away. When I come back the tanks are full. It has a trustable and adjustable shut off. Sometimes I'll return to the compressor while it's going, to open blow out valves, but I'm not babysitting it like the Yong Heng REQUIRES.
Everybody has their personal preference imo I don't wanna wait hours for a tank to be filled I would rather baby sit my Yong Heng for a couple of mins to top off a tank and then go shoot.

If you're happy with the big Yong, keep plugging along and save the money you're considering spending on an Altaros. My initial post here was just to describe my experiences with both methods of filling tanks. One is not necessarily "better" than the other, but two VERY different ways to top off tanks.
Yeah I think the yong Heng is great they fill fast and parts are so cheap and available and there easy to fix

Yeah I think the yong Heng is great they fill fast and parts are so cheap and available and there easy to fix

The price is certainly right. And surprisingly reliable, if treated well. My Yong Heng became my backup method when I got the Altaros. My Yong Heng has about 14hrs on it and haven't had to rebuild it yet. Pressure gauge detonated so I plugged it with a bolt. But otherwise, hasn't needed anything but Seco 500 to keep it lubed, and water to keep it cool.

A guy can spend more and get less than the Yong Heng, when it comes to personal high pressure compressors (all the little air cooled units with alphabet soup names).

Reactions: anonymous_.457
Everybody has their personal preference imo I don't wanna wait hours for a tank to be filled I would rather baby sit my Yong Heng for a couple of mins to top off a tank and then go shoot.
I must say I am a bit jealous of folks like you that get to shoot the whole waking day . . . then the only viable filling options would be fast ones like the Yong Heng or a Alkin.

I'm like Frank (except I have a Shoebox instead of an Altaros) and I have chores to do and things to do with the family, plus I take time to eat and occasionally watch some sports or a movie. The Shoebox quietly and robustly fills my tanks while I am busy doing other things completely on its own with no babysitting, and I return to it when it is done (sometimes long after it is done) and unhook everything. Since I spend less time shooting than I spend on other things, it works great for me. Oh well, such is life!

;) Just razzing you a bit and offering perspective . . . . we all get to choose how we prefer to do things. Oh, and with the slow fill methods, hours (plural) is really only on the initial fill of a big tank. I find most top offs are under an hour, unless I am topping off two at the same time with a Stickman cascade splitter in the line . . .

But seriously - since you already have the Yong Heng it makes sense to use what you have. And being able to "save" money by spending money on an Altoros now at a great price isn't really saving any money unless you plan to make the change at some point anyways. Unless you want to have two compressors on hand so you always have a back up, then just go with one at a time.

How about a CS4 for slow quiet filling of tanks? The verdict isn't in on the durability of the CS4 for filling tanks. I wonder how long it would last if filling a 9L from 3000 to 4500 once a week?
Buy the CS4 on Amazon if possible. They have a year warranty I believe.

I have the Omega Trail Charger. Basically the model they copied to make the CS4. I have used it to charge tanks on a 30 minute charge, 15 minute cooldown. Works like a champ. Three years of usage now.

I'd do a booster pump yes it takes longer but it will last 3 or 4 times as long at least over the yong heng heck my shoe box booster had 200 hours before its first rebuild
Another way that I look at it is how many fills do you get with 200 hours on a booster pump versus 200 hours of run time on a Yong Heng. I’m guessing about 800 fills on the Yong Heng if it lasted that long. Not sure how many fills with a booster pump.