• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Yong Heng Compressor Issue

I bought a yong heng compressor and was using it to fill a 68ci 4500psi ninja paintball/airsoft tank. After I shut off the compressor it makes a leaking noise until I unplug the tank and when I unplug the tank the disconnect is very stiff and makes a really loud pop, the compressor reads 3000psi but only filled the tank to around 1000. Any ideas what I’m doing wrong? Also the tank is new too so I’m not sure if there’s something I was supposed to do to the tank before filling it or not. The only thing I really did to the compressor is tighten some fitting and apply Teflon tape to the air output fitting.

Reactions: anonymous_.457
I bought a yong heng compressor and was using it to fill a 68ci 4500psi ninja paintball/airsoft tank. After I shut off the compressor it makes a leaking noise until I unplug the tank and when I unplug the tank the disconnect is very stiff and makes a really loud pop, the compressor reads 3000psi but only filled the tank to around 1000. Any ideas what I’m doing wrong? Also the tank is new too so I’m not sure if there’s something I was supposed to do to the tank before filling it or not. The only thing I really did to the compressor is tighten some fitting and apply Teflon tape to the air output fitting.
I feel bad being the first reply to your thread, because what I'm about to say will probably sound rude. Believe me, I'm just trying to keep you safe. STOP what you are doing. The loud pop when disconnecting is you forcing the connection apart with air pressure still in the line. You NEED to know what a bleed valve is and how to use it. You NEED to know which way air is flowing in your system and how to control it. You NEED to know how your system is supposed to work BEFORE doing anything else.

I'm not the guy that's going to teach you all of this stuff. I'm more of a hands-on guy and without ME knowing YOUR system inside and out, I'm not the right guy to help.
I'm sure other people here on the forum will help you, but you will have to provide a lot of information that they will ask for.

Seriously, I'm not a mean or rude guy. I just wouldn't be able to live with myself if I didn't just stop you NOW before you get hurt.

stovepipe

How about showing us a picture of your setup. Plenty of help available. You could have a HP leak or a clog or a valve not open?
Again there should be no pop when disconnecting fittings, find the bleed valve. You may have destroyed the quick fit o- ring.
You shouldn't need tape on the YH output there should be a delrin seal on the inside.

Last edited:
I feel bad being the first reply to your thread, because what I'm about to say will probably sound rude. Believe me, I'm just trying to keep you safe. STOP what you are doing. The loud pop when disconnecting is you forcing the connection apart with air pressure still in the line. You NEED to know what a bleed valve is and how to use it. You NEED to know which way air is flowing in your system and how to control it. You NEED to know how your system is supposed to work BEFORE doing anything else.

I'm not the guy that's going to teach you all of this stuff. I'm more of a hands-on guy and without ME knowing YOUR system inside and out, I'm not the right guy to help.
I'm sure other people here on the forum will help you, but you will have to provide a lot of information that they will ask for.

Seriously, I'm not a mean or rude guy. I just wouldn't be able to live with myself if I didn't just stop you NOW before you get hurt.

stovepipe
I did stop using it after that, but I do know where the bleed valve is and how it works, I did open the bleed valve before shutting off the compressor and disconnecting the tank

How about showing us a picture of your setup. Plenty of help available. You could have a HP leak or a clog or a valve not open?
Again there should be no pop when disconnecting fittings, find the bleed valve. You may have destroyed the quick fit o- ring.
You shouldn't need tape on the YH output there should be a delrin seal on the inside.
I’ll get a picture up ASAP

Just so you are aware of how easy a Foster quick connect feels. Connect your female quick connect to the male, and without pressurizing it with air disconnect it. The sleeve on the female should pull back fairly easy and seperation should occur, never with even a hint of air escaping. Do it a couple times to aclimate yourself to it. After that, you should know what it feels like, always.
Like others have mentioned, there had to be air still in the line. One thing to do when compressor is turned off, bleed the line at your YH and leave it open. It’s OK to leave it open because on your next pumping session you want the bleeder open until the motor is up to speed, then close the bleeder when you hear air hissing out of it.

Reactions: rc4fun
IMG_0983.jpeg
image.jpg

Just so you are aware of how easy a Foster quick connect feels. Connect your female quick connect to the male, and without pressurizing it with air disconnect it. The sleeve on the female should pull back fairly easy and seperation should occur, never with even a hint of air escaping. Do it a couple times to aclimate yourself to it. After that, you should know what it feels like, always.
Like others have mentioned, there had to be air still in the line. One thing to do when compressor is turned off, bleed the line at your YH and leave it open. It’s OK to leave it open because on your next pumping session you want the bleeder open until the motor is up to speed, then close the bleeder when you hear air hissing out of it.
I am aware of how it feels, and I did bleed the line and left the bleeder open when this happened.

I don’t have a YH so I’ll let someone that has one confirm that the black knob in your photo is the bleed screw.
As for the white stuff seeping out, I’m guessing it’s a gasket sealant. Hopefully it has stopped but I suppose it’s possible that some fasteners might not be tight enough on the cylinder. Maybe the next time you run squirt some soapy water on it and see if it bubbles.

I don’t have a YH so I’ll let someone that has one confirm that the black knob in your photo is the bleed screw.
As for the white stuff seeping out, I’m guessing it’s a gasket sealant. Hopefully it has stopped but I suppose it’s possible that some fasteners might not be tight enough on the cylinder. Maybe the next time you run squirt some soapy water on it and see if it bubbles.
I’ll look into that

You shouldn't need the tape on the output of the HY! There should be a white seal 'washer' inside. Spare parts? Get a spray bottle with a bit of dish soap and spray connections to find the leak.
The white stuff should stop now, mine oosed a tiny bit once.
no way you should have pressure in the line with the bleed open, UNLESS the bottle is open to the line and it is trying to bleed empty. I do not know your bottle setup...

Reactions: Gerry52
What's with the 3 brass fittings on tank valve AND the black knob on the brass fitting just past the in line moisture filter (top picture)? I've never seen a setup like that & I've been dealing with all manner of CF tanks for over 30 years. Is it possible some of your stuff is working against others? Why so many fittings & what's each of their functions? You might want to change out that one with the knob for a standard female foster. I'm not criticizing I've just never seen a tank valve setup like yours.

Reactions: rcs9250 and rc4fun
What's with the 3 brass fittings on tank valve AND the black knob on the brass fitting just past the in line moisture filter (top picture)? I've never seen a setup like that & I've been dealing with all manner of CF tanks for over 30 years. Is it possible some of your stuff is working against others? Why so many fittings & what's each of their functions? You might want to change out that one with the knob for a standard female foster. I'm not criticizing I've just never seen a tank valve setup like yours.
I saw that too. It might be a cap for the male Foster when filling is complete.

Those extra fittings part of a regulator that allows me to use the tank for airsoft

You shouldn't need the tape on the output of the HY! There should be a white seal 'washer' inside. Spare parts? Get a spray bottle with a bit of dish soap and spray connections to find the leak.
The white stuff should stop now, mine oosed a tiny bit once.
no way you should have pressure in the line with the bleed open, UNLESS the bottle is open to the line and it is trying to bleed empty. I do not know your bottle setup...
I know for a fact the bleed was open, what do you mean by the bottle being open to the line?