• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Yong Heng compressor cooling mods

You’re messing with YH planned obsolescence program by allowing better cooling. 😬
Years ago I worked for a major U.S. earthmoving equipment manufacturer, a friend worked in another division a couple miles away. One of his projects was to investigate a hydraulic valve that typically lasted forever. The company was not pleased with that. My friends job was to determine which internal components could be lowered in quality so that they would fail at a certain number of hours. He was successful and the earthmoving company started selling more replacement valves. Sad but true story.

Hey sounds great.
I dont have mine all modded like that just water wetter in a portable blue water jug. I filled my 45 minute tank in 3 segments
It was near 60c when I would pause it , But seemed stable at that temp
How long do you run it to get to that temp? Mine hits about 55c after 6 minutes or so and I shut it down to cool for 5 minutes or so and then start it up again.

Reactions: anonymous_.457
So, being the bone head that I am I was filling my HW110 to 200bar and shut the compressor off and then decided I should probably go a little higher to allow for the air to cool in the cylinder and promptly turned the compressor back on without bleeding the line. Of course it wouldn't start. I bled the line and started it up and it seems to be working fine. Hopefully I didn't damage anything.

This is my cooling solution.

20230512_145712.jpg

20230512_145919.jpg

20230512_145808.jpg

• Love