Yong Heng compressor best filter option

TUXING-4500PSI-300Bar-30Mpa-High-Pressure-Pcp-Air-Filter-Oil-water-Separator-For-High-Pressure...jpg
Hi evryone!!!!

I would like to buy a double Tuxing filter for my Yong heng compressor to fill the botles of my guns and in the future one 3 or 4 liters tank that i am thinking to buy, and i am between L408 mm Tuxing double fillter and L286 mm. Witch one i should buy for my needs with out giving much load on the compressor and still have the best option in air clarity?

You should know that both of them will put considerable amount of extra load on your compressor and you filling time will likely double. 

I had the single tube version on and it took me around 2 hours to top up a 6.8L tank from 0 to 4500. But without filter I did the same within 50 minutes of filling time with 4 pauses.(you gotta stop to cool the tank anyway) And during each stop I change the original cotton filter(I bought 200 cheap), and you can see oil mark spot on one end but clean and dry on the other, meaning no water got through. Noted I did all my filling in a ACed indoor environment, about 40% humidity.

Since then I sticked with the cotton filters and I have been fine and enjoying my quick fillings. It’s just my 2 cents. 

You should know that both of them will put considerable amount of extra load on your compressor and you filling time will likely double. 

I had the single tube version on and it took me around 2 hours to top up a 6.8L tank from 0 to 4500. But without filter I did the same within 50 minutes of filling time with 4 pauses.(you gotta stop to cool the tank anyway) And during each stop I change the original cotton filter(I bought 200 cheap), and you can see oil mark spot on one end but clean and dry on the other, meaning no water got through. Noted I did all my filling in a ACed indoor environment, about 40% humidity.

Since then I sticked with the cotton filters and I have been fine and enjoying my quick fillings. It’s just my 2 cents.

"meaning no water got through." Does it really mean that? Seems many will disagree.

you dont need anything fancy like that and imo thats too much volume to pump up befor you ever get to filling your tank you got 9 liters of frickin filters to fill haha .... the idea is to condense water out .. it requires a long thick aluminum tube to heatsink the air and the slight backpressure a bs cartridge provides ... simple as that ..and keep it verticle so the condensed water stays in the bottom ... and when your all done pop it apart and dry it out, id just leave it apart until next use .. you dont need the cute little drain valves, you leave moisture in it after you done its gonna corrode out quick ...

The filter required to help keep your air dry will very greatly with the environment the compressor is used in. The filter/water separator, up top of this thread, is great for medium or higher humidity areas. While a cotton filter alone may be good for a low humidity area. One of the other filters shown low in the post from Long_Gun_Dallas would werq well for medium to low humidity areas.

My basement has 55-65% humidity and I run one of the small Yong Heng Type filter cotton filters just before my three media gold filter. I purge the system every five minutes, while in use, and change out the Yong Heng filter every twenty and my three media filter lasts about a year. I have a second Yong Heng cotton filter that is run after the media filter. When it gets damp I know it is time to change out my media filter.

This system has werqed very well for over a year now and I checked my tanks for water intrusion on two occasions and found no sign of it.

If you purchase a media filter and have to change it very often you need to upgrade your filter arrangement.

Thanks all of you for your answers and your time to
Hbd95e25166e14ba0969a39ebcfb86a2d6.1635330371.jpg
U544b1a8971e04b1f9ac16bde100ed6c21.1635330372.jpg
help me !!!!

My main concern is to fill the bottles tanks of my air guns that all of them are under 600cc and not the big bottles with the best air quality that I can archive. I live in an island so i have to deal extreme humidity.

From what I could understand from your suggestions is to choose one single filter and avoid the double as it will give a lot of load to my compressor.

The two option I found is these two in the picture and combine one of them with the stock cotton Yong Heng compressor filter.

What is your suggestion? Will I be safe to avoid water this way on my bottles guns?

Do you have a better suggestion?

If yes share a link of the products

The double filters won't put any more load on your pump but will require longer fill times and more waste and that waste will contribute to a shorter life span to whatever causes the demise of your compressor. Remember that every time that you bleed of the line and filters after topping off your gun you will be losing more than double the air that it took to for your bottle. I'm guessing that the shorter pair would hold 360-400 cc and the longer pair about 550-600 cc. That is a lot of waste if you are only topping off a 500cc bottle. Even in a high humidity environment, a much smaller alternative would make more sense. In my view, the single gold Tuxng type with the refillable cartridge is more than adequate for large 6.8, 9, or 12-litre cylinders and overkill for gun-size bottles.

The filter required to help keep your air dry will very greatly with the environment the compressor is used in. The filter/water separator, up top of this thread,is great for medium or higher humidity areas. While a cotton filter alone may be good for a low humidity area. One of the other filters shown low in the post from Long_Gun_Dallas would werq well for medium to low humidity areas.

My basement has 55-65% humidity and I run one of the small Yong Heng Type filter cotton filters just before my three media gold filter. I purge the system every five minutes, while in use, and change out the Yong Heng filter every twenty and my three media filter lasts about a year. I have a second Yong Heng cotton filter that is run after the media filter. When it gets damp I know it is time to change out my media filter.

This system has werqed very well for a year now and I checked my tanks for water intrusion on two occasions and found no sign of it.

If you purchase a media filter and have to change it very often you need to upgrade your filter arrangement.

Interested in your cooling setup, not to derail.. but are you using water wetter? Love the fan setup too... blowing on or pulling air away?

Kevo1288;

Yes, I am using water wetter. I also used some watered down coolant for awhile. It did not seem to make much of a temperature difference. The air was pulling from my compressor but since it is actually pretty cool air 65-70F I turned the fans around and had them blow over the compressor.

Compressor mods helped but I filled my new M3 580cc to 0 to 4200psi and then filled my 90Ci tank from 0 to 4200psi immediately after the temp rose to 60C in just under 20 minutes in my 68F deg basement. I needed five more minutes to get my tank to 4200psi. That 60C is my self imposed limit on temperature though. So, with the tank only filled to 3000psi, I let the compressor cool for fifteen minutes before I finished the fill. So, I originally thought it was equalizing at 57C and would continue to run at this temp since it stayed there for awhile. But I just found that is not the the way things are. Still it looks like I am able to run 5 to 7 minutes longer before it reaches the 60C than before the mod. Since I very seldom fill my tanks from empty things are good as is at this time.

Link to the Yong Heng Mods.

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/mods-for-the-yong-heng-compressor-werq-well-so-far/?referrer=1

redsea;

Since you are in a high humidity area the top filter pictured will likely remove more water and does not use consumables. That combined with your small cotton filter added after the big one should werq well. Just make sure you purge often, while you are filling, and change out your cotton filters every 10 to 20 minutes. Set the filters you remove out to dry and use them again until they get ugly.

But if you want a faster fill you could try the 3 media Gold filter but put your small filter first so it will get most of the moisture before it gets to your media filter. Once again purge and change out the cotton filter often. Then if you have replace the cartridge in your media filter too often you can always purchase the the other filter pictured