• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Yong Heng compressor 45 min tank

1st, search this forum for Biohazardman's Yong Heng "bible" (do's & don'ts, care & maintenance, etc.). Everything you'll need to know is there. NEVER start or stop compressor under pressure (bleed valve open). Keep it as cool as possible using extra fans, ice in water reservoir (I keep two 1/2 gallon milk cartons filled with water in the freezer & drop em in the water bucket when I run my YH). Baby it & be kind to it. I got 3.5 years from my 1st one.

1st, search this forum for Biohazardman's Yong Heng "bible" (do's & don'ts, care & maintenance, etc.). Everything you'll need to know is there. NEVER start or stop compressor under pressure (bleed valve open). Keep it as cool as possible using extra fans, ice in water reservoir (I keep two 1/2 gallon milk cartons filled with water in the freezer & drop em in the water bucket when I run my YH).
Thanks!!!!! I always start it up with bleed valves open and ice and a fan on the head I planned on upgrading the water pump

most are, but not all .. valves on a used firemans tank can be iffy, dont be afraid to communicate with the seller about any issues, the style with the round guage and cga347 male threads is the best imo .... and taking care of your yong heng is mostly common sense, the easier you are on it the longer it will last ... you dont 'have to' push it to 4500 42 43 is fine, a fan blowing on it is approximately 100X more beneficial than focusing on the water, the pump that comes with it is fine, regular temp tap is fine .. and i aim to only run mine in 10min segments with a generous cooldown period inbetween runs ... use a GOOD electric outlet, a mediocre line can overheat high draw electrical components .. when your done using it, and its going to sit run it open a couple of mins, take the lines off and bleeders out, open your filters, dry everything .. use silicone lube on all fittings and orings ... also 'blast out' the water jacket with pressure washer protectant or something similar so that wont corrode internally .. lastly, just realize its going to have a finite life, high use charging multiple tanks regularly and it wont last as long ....

Reactions: anonymous_.457
Anon,
Great information so far, I'll add two things. First, SecuLube500, or similar high flash point synthetic compressor oil, is best. Oil making its way to the high-pressure cylinder can "diesel," if flash point too low, something to avoid. Second, YH can support a substantial air drying and filtering system, take advantage, your PCPs will thank you. Searching "Yong Heng, " in archives, as Gerry suggests, you'll find a number of photo examples. Best of Luck, WM

Buy a extra piston and head gaskets..Keep em in stock. I can rebuild my yong heng in 30 mins.... Filling 45 min scba tanks from 3600 psi to 4200 psi..I usually get maybe 7 fills before needing new second stage piston...I've used mine for 3 years. On 7th piston.....The dual cylinder model is much better for filling scba tanks...My best friend has the dual cylinder model from Amazon.... Its much more quiet and easy fills scba tanks...

Reactions: anonymous_.457