Yong Heng but another question

Hi Folks I finally got a reputable seller on ebay for a Yong Heng, FWIW, the one I bought is coming out of New York and was discounted to 220 bucks...they have a make offer button but I didnt use it but they must have seen where I was looking at them and made an offer to me for 220.00 so I bit the hook. So, if anyone is in the market for a Yong Heng at a somewhat decent price, they are currently on ebay.

OK with that said, I have a .25 Benjamin Armada I bought from a fellow and he threw in a air venturi 90 cubic inch carbon fiber 4500 psi bottle with it. However Im about to buy a hatsan blitz ( 3500 or so PSI) and my Air Venturi carbon fiber 4500PSI bottle has a 2900 psi regulator on it. Is there a place that sells a Regulator that will fill a Hatsan Blitz, that I could change it over too?

I have a hand pump which I dont mind using on the Armada to 2900 PSI, but since the Blitz is around 3600 PSI and larger I want to dedicate the Air Venturi bottle to filling it.

The Yong Heng "Simple" version least expensive does not have a water separator you need one.

The "Auto Stop" version shuts off near 3000psi probly not a good thing for most people.

So you likely want the "Hardcover" or "Set Pressure" versions your choice on the 110V or 220V.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32824234795.html?spm=a2g0o.store_home.productList_13760454.subject_2

You need a fill station that does not regulate the pressure but you will need to be sure you get one with the correct thread so I would suggest you go to someone that sells the Air Venturi to get it or at least find out what the threads are.

If it has paintball threads then you can use one of these Ninja slow fill valves, this is what I have, but they are usually $230-$300

https://www.pbmechanix.com/product/ninja-pcp-air-rifle-ez-valve-up-to-4500psi-output-pressure/

Also with the small tank you will only get a couple of full fills before the pressure drops to near what is in your gun. At that time you can tether to your tank and shoot for quite some time

.. you could fill the blitz directly with the yong heng .. you need one of those long seperator filters anyway, thats a 'hidden' extra 100 on the price tag of a yong heng .. you'll also need an extra line and a few various fittings .. another 50 or so ... nothing cheap about pcp ... as far as a reg, i assume its a paintball type valve on it, outfits like ninja make a fill adapter with bleeder, probably another 100 .. or what i would do is get a used 45 min firemans tank on ebay for 150ish and chinese cga347 fill adapter for that for 50 or so ...

*my autostop version adjusts to over 5000psi ... that said i keep it set there because its not real accurate to where it will shut off and prefer to stop it myself ...

Bio,

I understand the Yong Heng "Set Pressure" or "Hardcover," is the way to go, as they have the needed water separator. Lowest price I've seen on Ebay is $272.50. Is there any advantage to buying a 220v over a 110v? Both plugs are available. I have to set up in my hot, humid Florida garage, but can fill during cool of early morning. Should I run a Tuxing filter full of desiccant or a $139 water/oil separator in-line? I'll direct feed to gun. Thanks,

WM

There might be a slight advantage for the 220v as it would not draw as many amps as the 110v so a tiny bit less heat build up. But so long as you have a dedicated 15A socket for it it should not make too much of a difference.

Hard to say on the filters both would probly be best of it's really humid. But you can always start with the desiccant and then if it needs replaced too often put the separator inline first. Make sure they are not laying down as they will fill up with moisture half way and then just pass it on. I would never run just a water separator as they are not going to get all of it.

I find that the desiccant in my 50-65% basement keeps things very dry so long as I purge regularly and change out my small YH filter that gets the brunt of the moisture as it is first in line. My gold Tuxing three element desiccant cartridge lasted about a year and is now ready for replacement. I used to run about twenty minutes a week but less of late.

Thanks Bio and Thatdarncat. I've a 4 tier Rubbermaid rack next to a laundry sink in garage. Tier right next to tub is for Yong Heng (level with 5 gallon bucket in tub,) above tier will be place for airgun. Vertical post will be for cable tied gold filter, just like Bio's setup. Only room for one long gold filter or long gold oil/water separator unless I do a side by side. There is a 110v socket behind Rubbermaid rack and 220v electric dryer plug 6 foot farther along on wall, level with 110v plug. I've heard 220v is more efficient but maybe someone can shed light on how different the 110v Yong Heng is vs. a 220v Yong Heng. Is the 220v a more robust, heavy duty air pump or is it just the same one wired differently for those with only 220v power? Thanks,

WM

Hi Worried Man, I like that setup idea!

As to 110V vs 220V I have no idea about the wire size would be in each young heng armature, if not mistaken I think you can have smaller gauge wire for the same amperage load in a higher voltage motor vs a lower voltage motor. Those 220, I wonder if they are made for Jolly old England and other European countries on 220v systems? But if not mistaken they are on 50 cycles over there? Whereas we are on 60 cycles....I have no idea if this has an effect on electric motors....I also have no idea if theses motors are wound delta or star...LOL Im asking a lot of questions that I have no idea about!

I have a dedicated 110v 15 amp breaker I can plug into....Hey i wonder if a 10 amp breaker would still be useful to those pumps? The reason I say is because heat is resistance and resistance trips breakers and by dropping the amperage in the breaker, it may trip before the pump has a chance to heat up and toast an overworked motor? I will still monitor heat closely and drop pressure and or shut things down to cool but a little insurance on a lower amp breaker might be useful so as long im not starving the motor of too less of amps.

Thatdarncat

You clearly know more about 220v versus 110v than I do. If 220v Yong Heng is a heavier duty (electric motor) air pump, I'd consider trying to find plug adapter to fit dryer outlet, and purchase. If all Yong Hengs are the same, just voltage stepped down to 110v version, I'd just buy that.. Might post question in AGN Compressor section or research seller's websites. Check out Biohazardman's postings on Yong Hengs. You'll eventually see photos of his setup. My ideas are borrowed from him. I don't have radiator style cooling nor permanent water set-up, I'll use 5 gallon bucket of water, with ice, (in tub) each time, then dump water on garden. Of course, I won't use any additives in water, like some do. I'll cable tie a fan that fits opening of Rubbermaid shelf, facing Yong Heng, and use for cooling. To keep water level in bucket level with Yong Heng, as recommended, I'll use small Rubbermaid stool, under bucket, in tub to accomplish.

WM

I don't know what the difference in Yong Hengs is, but for a given amount of power, you will draw half as many amps (current) at 220V as you will at 110V. I doubt there is any difference in the motor winding. It may be that the 110V needs 20A or so, which is more than the standard U.S. 15A outlet. (There's a 20A standard too, but it's not the one that's all over your house.) 

Putting a 10A breaker on the circuit is unlikely to work, and certainly won't protect the compressor - motors draw a sharp spike of current getting started ("motor inrush"), then go to a lower current draw in operation (assuming normal load and functioning). Further, the compressor getting hot is what will kill it. The motor is distinctly separate and will not overheat until something is seriously wrong with your compressor. By the time your motor starts to draw excessive current, you are likely to have a long-term problem with the compressor. So monitoring, and cooling the compressor is really what you want. 

GsT