Yong Heng burst disc

I've only used my Yong Heng once and the gauge crapped out (replaced with a bolt) and there was air leaking from the area which I assume was the gauge. I went to use the compressor today and it's not building pressure. My tank is at 20 bar and it stayed there while the compressor ran (up to 50C) before I shut it off. I removed the plug and burst disc and here's a pic. Looks like a little bit of moisture in there also.

Burst Disc.1631124475.jpg

I know nothing about these things. Is the disc still good or does it need to be replaced? Any other thoughts as to why it's not building pressure? I checked the fittings and they all appear to be tight.

Might as well replace it I guess. It must be leaking somewhere to not be building pressure, what was the problem with the gauge? Is it frozen somewhere?

Mine does that sometimes and a little whack with a wrench and it goes back to zero haha.

I've only blown one burst disc in 3+ years I have the non auto shut-off and it was my fault.

Does it blow air out the end of the hose if not hooked up to anything?

I started it up and there is air coming out of the end of the whip. I can't tell if it's the proper amount or not. I decided to take the bolt out of the gauge hole and noticed a small screw in the tiny hole in the bottom. I ended up pushing it all the way down so I re-installed the bolt loosely and started the compressor up. I shut it off, removed the bolt and found this. I'm guessing it fell out of the bottom of the gauge.

Gauge hole.1631126002.jpg

Screw in hole.1631126017.jpg

Yeah that's about right maybe a bit on the slow side but maybe it'll improve as you use it more. Lots of info here on these as to when to change the first oil, what oil to use etc.

And open both bleeds for half a second every 2 mins or so of running. Lots of these tips on a few mega-threads regarding these little gems.

Enjoy, I'd look into getting a gauge on the compressor so you can time when to open your tank to start filling. (Matching pressurized whip to what the bottle is at)

Thanks for the replys gentlemen.

Yeah that's about right maybe a bit on the slow side but maybe it'll improve as you use it more. Lots of info here on these as to when to change the first oil, what oil to use etc.

And open both bleeds for half a second every 2 mins or so of running. Lots of these tips on a few mega-threads regarding these little gems.

Enjoy, I'd look into getting a gauge on the compressor so you can time when to open your tank to start filling. (Matching pressurized whip to what the bottle is at)

Do you crack them open in a particular order, or simultaneously?

Grub screw is from the gauge. That screw most likely damaged the gauge seal and you are probably getting a little air leak there. I believe the seal is delrin (or something similar). Mine was a PITA to get out. You could try putting an o-ring in between the bolt and old seal. My fill times (when new) were about 15 min from 250 to 310 bar. I have since rebuilt the top end with the components the newer units have and it fills quicker now. I vent low pressure side moisture collector then high side - same time works just fine too. I put a check valve between the small Young Heng filter and my larger "Air Mega" filter. This way I can open my tank to pressurize the larger filter (contains dessicant) and then run the compressor up to tank pressure. I don't have to watch for the pressure to build before I open the tank. You do not want to pass moisture laden air through the filter until it has been pressurized. Desiccant works best when the air is pressurized. You can make a one way valve using a fill nipple from a paintball tank and a female Foster fitting.

Not Glen but I usually crack them open at the same time or close to it anyway.

Yeah I usually do the low pressure side first then the high pressure side. And OP don't want to run it for 25 mins straight or you're asking for problems. (Especially without bleeding moisture off)

15-17 then a cool down is better for it. Worth doing some research to save yourself headaches.

After trying to remember which way it flows WAY too many times I finally marked it with an arrow. I could have been industrious and engraved it or marked it with a dremel tool but I went the easy route. I marked it with a fine point sharpie and then wrapped it with clear tape to keep from rubbing it off.

I will note that the one way valve does nothing for you on an initial empty tank fill (until some pressure is in the tank). If the small amount of moisture on that initial fill is worrisome, then the first fill from a dive shop, paintball field, or partial fill from a friends tank might be a good idea. It is repeated fills without pressurizing the filter that could cause moisture in the tank.