• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

yong heng blew up.

Update on my yong heng blew up,

I got the repair parts for my yong heng, a new upgraded heavy top piston with a new rod and second stage piston $20.00 delivered from aliexpress. I love working on things like the yong heng which I have already put together with the new more reliable parts. While I was waiting for the parts from china I had purchased another yong heng from a us seller and had it within five days. Now hears the thing I will sell the upgraded unit for what I paid for the new one, I feel that it is fair to do this because most of the problems that have been happening to these units I have addressed. I have done this once before and was and still am willing to offer the buyer a choice of the new unit that they would be taking a chance on having to replace parts and the rebuilt better than new unit. What does everybody think? am I being fair, should I charge less, should I charge more for my time and labor even though I enjoy doing this? Let me know.

Thank you,

Jim

My YH is still working fine after a year so I don't have to work on it yet. One of the good things about this kind of compressors is that the construction is simple and parts are cheap and widely available so you can fix it by yourself quite easily. Being able to be independent is a good feeling. 

Just in case you cannot sell the other YH, you may consider joining their outlets up by some sort of Y or Tee connectors to shorten the fill time by half.