Yong Heng 66 cubic foot SCBA tank 4500psi fill times

Nope, mine sits on a 20 gallon cooler filled with water and antifreeze at room temp. I do have a fan blowing on the motor and case, I dont use ice and yes, I use the silly little pump that came with it.

200+ hours on her over three years with no issues.
Wow 200+ hours no issues that's amazing I got a big water pump coming for it and I use ice and use a big fan on the head , I also dont use that crappy hydraulic oil aw-46 I use pure guard sae-30 no detontion and no detergent and no carbon build up.

• Wow
Reactions: Firewalker
Nope, mine sits on a 20 gallon cooler filled with water and antifreeze at room temp. I do have a fan blowing on the motor and case, I dont use ice and yes, I use the silly little pump that came with it.

200+ hours on her over three years with no issues.
The pure guard compressor oil is available at o rileys and has a very high flash point.

Wow 200+ hours no issues that's amazing I got a big water pump coming for it and I use ice and use a big fan on the head , I also dont use that crappy hydraulic oil aw-46 I use pure guard sae-30 no detontion and no detergent and no carbon build up.

I use real HPA compressor oil, Nuvair 455. Your just using hydraulic fluid, no good for pistons or splash oiling, it's made strictly for closed pressure systems.

Reactions: anonymous_.457
I use real HPA compressor oil, Nuvair 455. Your just using hydraulic fluid, no good for pistons or splash oiling, it's made strictly for closed pressure systems.
The pure guard oil isn't hydraulic.... It has a very flash point which is whats good for hpa compressors it's synthetic sae 30 no build up and no detonation and no detergent I know some guys that have been using it for years filling big tanks no issues with their compressors. The key to longevity is using good oil and keeping it cold.

I also refill my tank, usually to 300 bar, in about 20 minutes. Just did it a couple days ago. I have a bigger pump on mine but that is mostly because my water is in a bucket on the floor and my pump is on the counter. I have a small computer radiator with two small fans on the water and another fan blowing through the motor and over the finned first stage. I don't think the cooling affects fill times but I'm sure it reduces compressor temperature which is good for longevity. I use NuVair oil and have since the start. I change it annually but I only get 10-15 hours on it a year. I refill my 45 minute tank once most months but sometimes twice. 3 years old now and still running well. I put frozen soda bottles in the water sometimes in the summer to help keep the temperature below 60 C. In the winter no ice is needed.

Reactions: anonymous_.457
I topped off my 88 cu ft (60 min) tank from 3700‐4250psi (550lbs) in 10 min flat, so, a rate of around 100 lbs every 2 minutes, give or take. A 45 minute tank should have a bit quicker rate. I NEVER fill to full 4500psi & top off my tanks pretty much after every hunt (or plink). My 4 tanks are always ready to go.

Reactions: Firewalker