Yong Heng, 1st oil change

I've kept a written log of my run times & when I've done oil changes since I got my YH. My first one was at 1 hour, 15 minutes. I was using Royal Purple at the time & it's discoloration had me concerned. When I changed oil I used nearly 3/4 of a bottle of RP just to flush it out & I'm glad I did. Right now I've got 8.5 hours since my last (3rd) oil change (still using Husky but going to Secolube). At 10 hours I'll change again. My YH has run nearly flawlessly for 3 years. It's definitely NOT a bad idea to do a 1st oil change sooner than I did!

Last edited:
New unit, drained the oil and inspected it before turning it on at all, poured same oil back in and ran in at 10 to 15 minute intervals, and watched the sight glass, approx 45 minutes did notice a darkening shade in the oil. At this point the oil was changed, am using Oreiley AW 46. Have run the unit 1 additional hour, and oil is very clean now. Did buy some Royal Purple, now that it has had its break in runs, will install the RP. 20230604_122756.jpg20230604_123609 - Copy.jpg20230604_124718.jpg

Reactions: Snake420