• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Yippee! My Wood Stock Air Venturi Avenger is Shipping

Solon, OH. Supposed to be delivered on the 24th.

Great. Can you post some photos so we can see the actual color of the stock? Thanks!

As usual Fedex was a day late delivering, but it did arrive today.

I'm pleased with the overall appearance but the stock is a bit "blonde".. These first 2 pictures as it came from the box were under glaring light conditions and do not do the color justice.

More to follow.

First I mounted a scope I had in the case to see how high the Burris 11mm mounts/rings would place the scope. (I Have a Leupold VX Freedom 3-9 x 33 EFR on backorder from Optics Planet)

The mounts have the scope 2.015" above the bore axis. The Signature rings use inserts to align the scope. I used a -.010 insert in the front ring and standard insert in the rear ring. At 4" ring spacing that raises the POI 9" at 100yds so I should be pretty close in elevation to start.

I put a neoprene cheek pad on the stock to see where I needed to be for a good cheek weld. The 1/2" insert gave me near perfect eye alignment with the FOV. I might add an adjustable comb at some point.

?1

All slinged up and ready for squirrel hunting once I get My Leupold 3-9 x 33 EFR mounted.

BTW, I ordered 500 FX Hybrid Slugs with the rifle.

My wood-stock Avenger was bought tonight. .25 Cal - From AirGun Depot, everywhere else was "pre-order".

I guess if it is too blonde, I can always add a darker wood stain to it.

That's what I plan to do. I'll probably add an adjustable comb while I'm at it.

I'd be interested to see a pic of yours, before and after.

Thanks

My wood-stock Avenger was bought tonight. .25 Cal - From AirGun Depot, everywhere else was "pre-order".

I guess if it is too blonde, I can always add a darker wood stain to it.

That's what I plan to do. I'll probably add an adjustable comb while I'm at it.

I'd be interested to see a pic of yours, before and after.

Thanks

I would be happy to. Perhaps a tutorial?

Here is some of my previous stock working handiwork.