• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

YIKES !!

Aw you poor easterners. We're still shooting in short pants and short sleeve shirts and taking our boats to the lake to swim here in sunny California, lol.

We had the carpet replaced in the house and I saved a lot of the foam from underneath that I cut in 16 inch widths and make into rolls about 12 inches in diameter. A few wraps of duct tape around the tops and bottoms and I have silent traps that contain the pellets and a lot of the lead dust. I tape my paper targets to them and shoot them till they're bulging in the middle and ready to fall apart. They work great for low to medium power guns but my 20 fpe/.20 will shoot clean through if I take too many shots at one bull's eye. I use these rolls with sub 12 fpe/.177 cal guns for the most part.

If I had to guess I'd say a roll is good for 3 tins of pellets and lasts plenty long for the occasional shooting I do.

I know the cold is coming to ND too!
We just had our 1st frost, 24° Saturday morning but it did warm up to 68°.
The 10 day forecast is for seasonal temps low to mid 30s for lows and mid to upper 50s for daytime highs.
We have had summer weather until now which has been nice as winter came early last year, November 10th of 2022 and lasted into late April of 2023.
Pictures of me clearing snow so I can see my targets.

20230126175712_IM_00014.JPG

20221119105024_IM_00172.JPG

Last edited:
I know the cold is coming to ND too!
We just had our 1st frost, 24° Saturday morning but it did warm up to 68°.
The 10 day forecast is for seasonal temps low to mid 30s for lows and mid to upper 50s for daytime highs.
We have had summer weather until now which has been nice as winter came early last year, November 10th of 2022 and lasted into late April of 2023.
Pictures of me clearing snow so I can see my targets.

View attachment 394887

View attachment 394888
That’s funny I’ve the x758, with the same blower and I got the broom as well which is amazing. I added the cab to it now also, which is fantastic, takes the wind and blowback snow completely off you. I added an electric seat warmer too and it makes a huge difference on days like the one in this photo clearing snow on a big day like that is fun, it’s the 3-8 inch stuff that is just more annoying

Reactions: Impact701
nice fall weather to approaching winter mornings 41 degrees and only up to 62 today . ( I will have to build my indoor trap soon)
Thats shorts and t shirt weather. I shot our ft match today wearing shorts and never tossed on the sweatshirt. It was 39 when I got to the field and windy. I'm glad the nasty heat of summer is going away.