Yet another TAIPAN Vet...177 standard

Really nice looking setup you have there, that laminate is the best looking one of the lot, imo. When you were shooting the 13.4s at 826 avg. were you maxed out on the hammer spring or did you have some left? I know accuracy over speed but was curious. I myself don’t know what speed any of the heavier.177 pellets like, as I’ve only have one in that caliber a 97 and I’m shooting 8.4s.

Really nice looking setup you have there, that laminate is the best looking one of the lot, imo. When you were shooting the 13.4s at 826 avg. were you maxed out on the hammer spring or did you have some left? I know accuracy over speed but was curious. I myself don’t know what speed any of the heavier.177 pellets like, as I’ve only have one in that caliber a 97 and I’m shooting 8.4s.

Pmg there was plenty more....I wanted to see how it shot on roughly 20ft lbs because that's where I have to shoot for field target. Perhaps tomorrow I will find how fast it will go to with the hammer spring maxed out.

So I did a little research on Taipans web site and it says the Veteran Standard .177 will do 40 joules which converts to 29.5 ft lbs. With the 13.4 monsters that would be about 990 fps. I will see what mine does tomorrow. Out of a 18" barrel that's some power for a .177! I would imagine this gun would be a good candidate to shoot slugs if your into that. I also have some .177 Beasts which weigh 16grn that I will see how they shoot at the maxed out velocity. Like I said before this really seems to be a very versatile air rifle.

Hey Keith, try out the NSA 15.5 grain slugs in that Taipan. They shoot incredibly well out of the .177 Daystate Safari. Accuracy as good as the 16 grain Beast pellets, and BC at least twice as good. Plus I think they aren't that much more expensive than pellets. I've heard they shoot awesome out of the .177 Eddies also...

Mike

That’s what I plan to try and do if and when they become available again. I’m wondering how much the reg. would have to be turned up to get the 15gr. slugs up around 900fps. This probably would be easy to do if there was a .177 long but as of now any .177 Veteran is a dream until sometime in 2020. Keith, your doing a great job of letting us know how it’s going, we appreciate it.