Yet another Gauntlet 2 .22cal review

Next vid will have data on some pellets. Hopefully between all the users and this forum we can find out the best ones to use. 

Really just a tabletop/unboxed quick info video. I haven't chronographed it yet but no reason it wouldn't perform based on the 10yd shots. Should be shooting at over 1000fps. The only pellet I used was the Crossman 14.3 magnum. Barrel was not cleaned prior to testing. I noticed it took more force to seat the last bit, didn't just slide in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qtxn5u8FjbU&t=88s

I don't have a Marauder but looked at getting the Avenger before picking the G2.

For the Avenger I like the cocking method which seems like it has more leverage going back and and the adjustable regulator to really tune the power of your gun for a specific pellet.

I'm used to rifles where you tune the bullet, powder, seating depth... so I plan to just find pellets that work best. So in the end I chose shot count, power and color/adjustability of the stock.

Both are made in China, stocks are made of plastic and entry level regulated guns with lots of good options and better build quality than bottom of the budget.

Concern, before I started testing today I noticed that the barrel was not free floating on the front handguard. This is a concern for precision bolt action rifle shooting and certainly applies to airguns. At first I thought maybe the way the barrel shroud work in airguns, maybe it won't be a concern as I am new to airguns. My first gun didn't have a shroud but this one does. I'm sure I didn't do anything wrong, with the exception of more data points needed, I'm sure that I'll need to modify that handguard, either cutting the top off completely or somehow only cutting the bottom of that barrel contact portion. I shot 3 different pellet groups at 25yds with the bipod attached, then 3 more of the same pellet groups with it being supported farther up so there's no/less pressure on the barrel. It made a difference in POI.

Groups 2 and 5 are the same pellets 2 (bipod) 5, (without). 

Groups 3 and 6 are the same pellets 3 (bipod) 6 (without). 

Got the degas to work. Basically you're following the instructions (bolt closed, decocked, fired and safety on) insert the key the only way it can be inserted and on mine, put an angle on it towards the trigger. Then with force and control slowly spin. Hold on to it because if you let it slip it will come off the contact point and get a bit jammed in there and you'll have to start over. I was chewing up my key and scared to keep going. Bad design or bad key hole placement position on production...