• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Yet again, another new member post!

Thanks for the welcome, I only had time today to set up a hanging steel target and plink off the stickers, my next move is going to be to print out a target with grid squares so I can zero the cheapo included scope. Anyone have suggestions on a target to print for zeroing or should I find an army zeroing target and use that? I'm used to much longer range firearms and am unsure if those zeroing targets would be effective enough for shorter range airguns.

Welcome it's good you have begun your journey. Well, you dipped your toe into the hobby, with your springer purchase, that quickly turns into an obsession/addiction although it looks like you have not had time to visit the money pit yet. Come on over to the dark side of the PCP and we can take care of that for you. ;^) If you want accuracy and range the PCP rules. Not that every one should not have a decent springer cuz they should.

Welcome it's good you have begun your journey. Well, you dipped your toe into the hobby, with your springer purchase, that quickly turns into an obsession/addiction although it looks like you have not had time to visit the money pit yet. Come on over to the dark side of the PCP and we can take care of that for you. ;^) If you want accuracy and range the PCP rules. Not that every one should not have a decent springer cuz they should.

Yeah I just couldn't justify the cost of a pcp for my first purchase and for the size of the area I will be mainly using it in. Not to mention I just don't have the spare coin right now, when covid hit I decided to leave my job and go to college online full time and as a result my budget is pretty tight right now. I'm sure I will eventually get there but I'm happy with my "entry level" springer to start with.

Hey Karl. Welcome To AGN. You will find lots of great info on springers here and have some fun with that new air gun..

Thanks! I have already stumbled on a thread for the impact max trigger mod, I'm probably going to get into that soon. I'm just hoping that there isn't anything different about the trigger assembly between the impact max and my impact max elite. I'm not really in a rush to do it though because the trigger isn't terrible honestly, it's just a little heavy and a little creep but nothing that makes me want to tear it apart right away. 

Welcome Karl!

It sounds like you're doing fine so far! A couple things about inexpensive springers- Try different brands of pellets when you can to see which groups best. If your accuracy goes away, check that the stock screws are snug, the vibration can back them out. You may get lucky with the scope it came with, but they are often worthless. If it won't group well with the scope, try shooting with open sights. Experiment with different holds to see which the gun prefers, whether tight or loose. Shoot a lot and have fun!

John