Yesterdays yield of iguanas

Most aren’t in the nice areas hahaha.
Nice haul.
We had a mild winter, I’m expecting to see them in our area again. The agamas are out of control here now.
I bet lol.

It was mild but it was constant enough to where iguanas just weren't out nearly as much, it didn't take any iguanas with it. Yet it seemed to be more of an annoyance, heavy rain every weekend, temps in the low 50's through the week.

U
I bet lol.

It was mild but it was constant enough to where iguanas just weren't out nearly as much, it didn't take any iguanas with it. Yet it seemed to be more of an annoyance, heavy rain every weekend, temps in the low 50's through the week.
Up here in Indian River County some winters it will stay in the high 30’s to 40’s at night and not get much higher during the day for a couple days. It would kill off a lot, but it’s been a few years since we had that arctic blast. 12 years ago we had one and snook and all other fish in the canals died, it was a big stinkin mess when the temps went back up haha. Some guys that acted quick got a nice snook dinner

U
Up here in Indian River County some winters it will stay in the high 30’s to 40’s at night and not get much higher during the day for a couple days. It would kill off a lot, but it’s been a few years since we had that arctic blast. 12 years ago we had one and snook and all other fish in the canals died, it was a big stinkin mess when the temps went back up haha. Some guys that acted quick got a nice snook dinner
Oh yeah that will definitely kill off some iguanas. There really are acclimating to the weather, though. Last year in january I spotted a 6 foot male on top of a palm tree when it was in the mid forties and he was just chilling.

Yoo, that's wild. I've heard you can get HUGE snook in that river, like 50+ plus.

Reactions: Bandito
I'm looking into getting my first PCP air rifle just to deal with the iguana infestation outside my home. Would a .22 caliber be sufficient or would I need a .25/.30?
IMO a .22 is plenty powerful enough, but the greater the accuracy of the shot placement, the less power is needed. Accuracy depends not just on the accuracy of the gun and pellet, but the shooter. I have a low power tune on my RTI since I'm shooting in the city & try to minimize pass-throughs (thank you Orion).

If you're just dealing with iguanas outside your home, a good quality springer would avoid the extra expenses of the pcp world. It is fun, but not without cost.

Here's a thread on iguana hunting that you might find helpful. https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/iguana-minimum-acceptable-caliber-fpe-kill-zone.1273193/

I'm looking into getting my first PCP air rifle just to deal with the iguana infestation outside my home. Would a .22 caliber be sufficient or would I need a .25/.30?
A .22 is enough, I often take them with .177 as well. Whatever pcp you get just make sure that it is pin point accurate. If you want to get away with taking neck shots and have a bit nore grace I would suggest .25 but it not necessary.

IMO a .22 is plenty powerful enough, but the greater the accuracy of the shot placement, the less power is needed. Accuracy depends not just on the accuracy of the gun and pellet, but the shooter. I have a low power tune on my RTI since I'm shooting in the city & try to minimize pass-throughs (thank you Orion).

If you're just dealing with iguanas outside your home, a good quality springer would avoid the extra expenses of the pcp world. It is fun, but not without cost.

Here's a thread on iguana hunting that you might find helpful. https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/iguana-minimum-acceptable-caliber-fpe-kill-zone.1273193/
Amen

A .22 is enough, I often take them with .177 as well. Whatever pcp you get just make sure that it is pin point accurate. If you want to get away with taking neck shots and have a bit nore grace I would suggest .25 but it not necessary.
I'm leaning towards an Air Venturi Avenge X in .22. I'm very concerned about overpenetration as I live with relatively close neighbors or I'd definitely be choosing the .25.

It's amazing that for more than we try, iguanas are going to never be removed from FL.
Similar to the pig epidemic in many states. They are fun to shoot but you just cant shoot enough of them to remove the problem. If I ever get to florida I will be contacting some people about getting in on some iguana removal.

Looking for the best iguana hunting air rifle, where to buy from local gun shop in naples florida area, sugestions?
You might want to check out where Talon tunes is located as far as I know he is in florida somewhere in the central area.

Down here in South Florida we have @PalmBeachAirguns and we also have AirGunOne inc

I believe SPAW is also in central Florida but I'm not sure either.