Yesterdays yield of iguanas

Not everything is in the picture, my buddy and I collectes a total of 43 iguanas and successfully removed 1019 iguanas eggs from the ecosystem.

View attachment 449535

View attachment 449537
I recognize that cart lol

IMG_20240501_084312_381.jpg

Reactions: JaceSpace1369
View attachment 461279View attachment 461280

I've not shot in Florida but I have to agree Puerto Rico has more than their fair share.

I'm new to this forum so if this is considered a thread hijack, my apologies.
No worries! It's an old thread about iguana removal so ot doesn't bother me at all. I've had several locations where I've taken a hundred iguanas in 3 hours by myself and for months, but I know in Puerto Rico you can take a group for a year and just barely make a dent in certain areas.

Reactions: Bandito
Not everything is in the picture, my buddy and I collectes a total of 43 iguanas and successfully removed 1019 iguanas eggs from the ecosystem.

View attachment 449535

View attachment 449536

View attachment 449537
So here's the question of those 43 how many were females?, then you can extrapolate out and figure how many millions of those things you've kept out of the ecosystem. It's going to take a heck of a lot of lead and air and way more people to get them down to somewhat manageable levels.

So here's the question of those 43 how many were females?, then you can extrapolate out and figure how many millions of those things you've kept out of the ecosystem. It's going to take a heck of a lot of lead and air and way more people to get them down to somewhat manageable levels.
It was about 28 females.

There's really no mathematical equation to this though. I've opened up 16 iguanas before and removed 480 eggs from them. And I've also removed 374 iguanas from 8 female iguanas.

For every 10k I kill a year, at least another half a million iguanas eggs are laid.

It was about 28 females.

There's really no mathematical equation to this though. I've opened up 16 iguanas before and removed 480 eggs from them. And I've also removed 374 iguanas from 8 female iguanas.

For every 10k I kill a year, at least another half a million iguanas eggs are laid.
You need more pellets/time/shooters and they'll still win. I hate to say it but there is only one way to control them and that is biological.

You need more pellets/time/shooters and they'll still win. I hate to say it but there is only one way to control them and that is biological.
I've said it before and I'll say it again.The one way to really fight this is to take hundreds., maybe a few thousand iguanas and genetically alter their dna to where they cannot reproduce. Like we've done with mosquitos (not me myself).

I've said it before and I'll say it again.The one way to really fight this is to take hundreds., maybe a few thousand iguanas and genetically alter their dna to where they cannot reproduce. Like we've done with mosquitos (not me myself).
And make it so it'll infect others in the process but somewhere along the line it'll come back to bite us.