Yellow Scott 60min from the 90s. Are these still usable?

Hi guys, found a couple of these locally. They look in really good condition. Can you service it yourself.. like changing o-ring and so on? Thanks for any info. 
DA8CCB25-24FC-4590-9A63-FF2B65176C99.1650564248.jpeg
76F8E22D-D913-4DFA-8E7B-E955F4AEAAB5.1650564248.jpeg

I am pretty sure they will not test or fill it. I use an expired (more than 15 year old) 45 minute Scott air pac. I fill it with my YH and fill my guns from it. I guess there may be some risk from continuing to use it but I feel pretty confident it will leak before it ruptures. But I also understand not everybody would want to take the "risk". I use the valve that came with the tank, it gives me enough control to fill even my little Prod.

My understanding is that a tank over 15 years old cannot be recertified. So they are pretty cheap if you want to buy one on ebay. But I think it is a "fill-it-yourself" duty set form then on. As long as you are willing to fill it and not too nervous to do so, I think the tanks can be used until it leaks or otherwise shows signs of degredation.

I would not fill a tank that showed signs of damage or degredation in the carbon fiber. The tin aluminum layer inside will not support the pressure unless the carbon fiber fully supports it. With the carbon fiber intact and no other damage or abuse, I don't see why it won't continue to provide valuable service.

I don't know the basis of the 15 year lifetime for SCBA tanks but I don't think it is adjusted based upon how it is used. Loading and unloading might make some difference to the aluminum inner liner but I don't think it would affect the carbon fiber. I paid less than $100 for my just expired 45 minute tank. I wouldn't pay more than that for a bigger but older one. While the basis may not be apparent and is probably quite conservative the fact that they put an age in years on these tanks say there is some degradation mechanism that affects them over time. So more time is not a good thing. For one thing, it seems possible that either the liner or carbon fiber is not up to the same standards used today.

Another way to add some conservatism would be to fill them to a lower pressure. Like 3000 - if that would be useful with your guns. I rarely fill my newer but old SCBA over 4000.

Well, got both tanks for free. :) Both looks to be in excellent condition cosmetically, both had and been holding 2k psi for the period that it was stored. Start the YH up, doing a 10min/400psi fill with a 5-10min break in between. Going to bring it up to probably 4K or 4200. YH temp gets to about 55-60 during the 10-12Min run time. Thanks for all your inputs guys. My pcp has only been about 6wks and I feel like I am barely scratching the surface. :)

Hi guys, found a couple of these locally. They look in really good condition. Can you service it yourself.. like changing o-ring and so on? Thanks for any info.

So let me see if I understand what is goin on... you ask the question about using a 32 year old tank that has a 15 year service life. Every single person answers "NO" the bottle is too old, not worth the risk. But you get it for free so all is good, full speed ahead. I'm not trying to be difficult or mean or a Richard head, but why did you even ask the question?

Keep us filled in.Working for the Navy,we used to fill life raft bottles,they are big and when filling them we bolted them down between steel clamps,one day the valve broke off a bottle and it became a lethal missile,went right through a thick wall and thus ended our job filling life raft bottles=bottles ain't the only thing that can mess you up,a broken valve can to.