• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Yellow Scott 60min from the 90s. Are these still usable?

Why not? Just like asking advice from your family and friends and then making your own decisions. Is that wrong? Plus I couldn’t resist the 60min capacity.

I hope that you can also resist scratching your nose through bandages if those things blow....it's one thing to ask for advice and heed it after an overwhelming "NO", another to go 180° opposite of good advice. While not 'wrong' it sure ain't 'right'.

It would make a good target.

There is a Navy report on air tanks and testing, a link somewhere over on Gateway, it was very interesting. These tanks suffer the most damage during testing, which may be part of the reason that they have a lifetime limit. It's worth a read.

As far as using those tanks at 4500 psi? I'm not sure. Think about driving to a shooting spot and having one of those develop a hole. I'm guessing a pin hole will rapidly produce a big hole, and then you have something flying around in your vehicle. I don't think I would use them, not even for 3000psi with a regulated output for tethering.

But if you have a big bore, and a place where they can be a target, it might be neat to degas and remove the valve, then shoot them to see what happens.