Yay! 400 Yard Prairie Dog

Practicing shooting Monster cans out to 400 yards paid off. Got a prairie dog at 400 yds.with my .30 Impact on my hunting trip to south central North Dakota. Had horrible winds the first 2 days but the 3rd and 4th days were perfect; almost no wind. Those conditions allowed me to shoot out much farther and score a hit. With the 44 grain slug it was lights out for this young pup.
0603221251.jpg

That’s truly amazing with an airgun. The skill to do this is, I am sure a lot of hard work off the bench in tuning, let alone the body and finger work. I am thrilled beyond belief if I hit a squirrel at 80 yards with air lol. Well done Sir. I am usually MOA off the top of my truck hood with my 22-250 at 400 and that takes good amount of effort to do it consistently and your doing better then that with air. Wow.

Reactions: Richeick
The wind is why most of us up here in the midwest can shoot so well. I always giggle when people complain about shooting in the wind, when that is how we LEARNED how to shoot!

Never realized that we had so many ND natives/residents in the area. I have been stopping by Bullet Central about every week, being as they are here in Fargo. Have been talking to the guys there and am thinking of asking them about a midwest get together. Get people from the surrounding states to go on a varmint shoot, or a fun day out for all the "locals". I know they have some major things planned as far as competitions and what not, so watch for that, but I don't want to spill the beans about any of that either ;)

Practicing shooting Monster cans out to 400 yards paid off. Got a prairie dog at 400 yds.with my .30 Impact on my hunting trip to south central North Dakota. Had horrible winds the first 2 days but the 3rd and 4th days were perfect; almost no wind. Those conditions allowed me to shoot out much farther and score a hit. With the 44 grain slug it was lights out for this young pup. View attachment 267943
Great shooting! I'm in NE North Dakota and them Prarie pups are plentiful aren't they? Absolutely my target of choice. I'm on just under 1000 acres so you can imagine how many holes I have to prevent