Other Yawnnnnn...will 2024 bring any interesting new PCPs?

I don't know if I'm just getting bored with airguns but there hasn't been any interesting guns to buy in recent memory. The two models I had half an eye on this last year turned out to be pretty meh: the BRK Ghost was too similar to my Impacts and the Skout turned out to be an ultra heavy, uber expensive & gimmicky talking niche gun. This Skout was touted to be some revolutionary, game-changing super rifle but, after the initial hype, it sure seems to have landed with a big thud. The much hyped FX Panthera was also a yawner b/c it's purpose built for purpose that is of no interest to me.

Without anything new and exciting to buy, I found myself buying more Impacts and Leshiy 2's . . . neither of which I needed. Oh yeah, I was very fortunate to find Michael's Colibri last month and got reunited with probably the only rifle that I've truly regretted selling but even then, we're talking about a rifle that is like a decade old?

So what are you guys looking forward to? Are there any cool new rifles coming out in the near that have you excited?

Last edited:
Bored with airguns or bored with shooting…? Maybe some PCPs with A.I. tech will come out to excite you. You leave them setup on the bench and the A.I. determines when to send the pellet for you. The only PCPs I get excited about are the ones “proven through time”. As for you purchasing more Impacts? Try a Ghost instead, then we might see some of your Impacts in the classifieds. Since you’ve own so many fine PCPs, your insight on a Ghost XR would be interesting. Me personally, I never rush out to buy the “latest greatest“. I let others do that and see how the new shiny object performs over time.

I’m very happy with my lupo Rosso.
This chassis for that Lobo Rojo is just super sexy and I typically don’t like this type of setup.

NOT COOL that AGN comes up with a “server error” when I tried to link the above chassis from the HAM site. Hopefully its just a glitch…🙄

Yenniedn put in words what I've been thinking for the last 18 months, I bought a Huben K1 at the start of 2003 after selling one at the end of 2001 that I was frustrated with - minor problems. Had a Leshiy in between and sold it. Looked around and nothing got me interested, and I missed the Huben. Glad I gave it a second chance.

I posted this in General Discussion under What did you buy / receive today and thought I'd show it over here because I looked back:
I'm taking a step backward in my airgun world
. I ordered a Airforce Talon SS .22 on Sunday along with some accessories. This will be my 3rd Talon SS. A Marauder and Talon were my first pcps'. Didn't like the Talon until I put a Mad Dog stock on it. Sold it after 2 years to try something new. Bought one off this forum 2 years later, put a mad dog on it and then gave it to a friend of mine in Tehachapi who has ground squirrels on his property. Sold a gun last month and really didn't see anything new / interesting for me. I presently have 2 crickets, 2 impacts, Huben, and a Vixen. and have had many others over the last 10 years. SO I ordered the Talon along with a Donny FL End Cap, Donny FL Tatsu, and a Mad Dog Stock. I'll add pictures as things arrive. The stock will take about 1 month.
Different subject: My brother just gave me a Garmin Xero for my birthday - 3/15 - took it to the range today and was really impressed.

View attachment 440649
I received the Talon on Friday and the Tatsu on Saturday and put it on the rifle this morning. The stock is on order and will take about 5 weeks to receive. Doug says he is very busy. I shot it today trying out different pellets and will have more info in the future. I got 60 shots from 3000 psi down to 2000 psi. 15.89's at 814 fps and 18's at 785 fps as it came out of the box. I'm pretty happy at those numbers and it looks like 3 different pellets are very accurate - will disclose after I shoot again. I had an Athlon Talos 4-14x44 FFP with FX rings that I mounted and zeroed.

DSC00318.JPG

DSC00319.JPG

Last edited:
if they use the m4 name it better have a one piece rifled barrel. no pencil barrel. maby use carbon fiber for weight saving and a stiffer body. I'm dreaming. I'll pay more I know those pencil barrel are cheap to make I just want a real barrel please fx. I love my 500mm impact.

Last edited:
This chassis for that Lobo Rojo is just super sexy and I typically don’t like this type of setup.

NOT COOL that AGN comes up with a “server error” when I tried to link the above chassis from the HAM site. Hopefully its just a glitch…🙄
Yes I saw that I’m sure my lupo Rosso would fit nicely in there. Hope AoA gets one in I’d like to try it.

Reactions: yenniedn
I think it’s possible that the boredom comes from the fact that airguns are so totally outstanding these days. And the variety is myriad! Sub-12 to 200+ ft/lbs, .177 cal to .72 cal, barn pesters to 400 yard snipers. So many out there that are accurate, reliable, powerful and with high shot counts. For whatever reason you’re shooting, there’s an airgun out there that’s literally PERFECT for your application……It’s like, how do they get better?

I’m looking forward a Taipan Vet bottle in .22 on the classifieds and somehow will modify to have an external reg adj. Because I’ve unlimited magazines with the Taipan platforms.
This thing???

1695690817444.png

If so, that's one of the ugliest atrocities I've seen in a long time :oops:. I wanted to call it ugly in the Ugly Porker thread someone else started about it but the OP there was so sensitive to anyone calling it ugly that I just stayed out of that thread altogether. So no offense but, yeah, that thing is a porker ;)
Bored with airguns or bored with shooting…? Maybe some PCPs with A.I. tech will come out to excite you. You leave them setup on the bench and the A.I. determines when to send the pellet for you. The only PCPs I get excited about are the ones “proven through time”. As for you purchasing more Impacts? Try a Ghost instead, then we might see some of your Impacts in the classifieds. Since you’ve own so many fine PCPs, your insight on a Ghost XR would be interesting. Me personally, I never rush out to buy the “latest greatest“. I let others do that and see how the new shiny object performs over time.
I don't think I'm bored with shooting b/c I do pull out the Impact or L2 from time to time just to see what kind of groups I can shoot at that moment. Or if the occasional squirrel shows up, I still get very excited to put some crosshairs on it. I would just like something new/different to fondle and nothing that has come out in the last year+ has gotten me excited at all. As for the Ghost, we've had this discussion before and my decision is the still the same - I won't be buying one.

This thing???

View attachment 391877

If so, that's one of the ugliest atrocities I've seen in a long time :oops:. I wanted to call it ugly in the Ugly Porker thread someone else started about it but the OP there was so sensitive to anyone calling it ugly that I just stayed out of that thread altogether. So no offense but, yeah, that thing is a porker ;)

I don't think I'm bored with shooting b/c I do pull out the Impact or L2 from time to time just to see what kind of groups I can shoot at that moment. Or if the occasional squirrel shows up, I still get very excited to put some crosshairs on it. I would just like something new/different to fondle and nothing that has come out in the last year+ has gotten me excited at all. As for the Ghost, we've had this discussion before and my decision is the still the same - I won't be buying one.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, amigo.

@yenniedn. your minds‘ made up, you don’t believe in Ghost🙀👻. Something will catch your whimsy at some future point.
I think it’s possible that the boredom comes from the fact that airguns are so totally outstanding these days. And the variety is myriad! Sub-12 to 200+ ft/lbs, .177 cal to .72 cal, barn pesters to 400 yard snipers. So many out there that are accurate, reliable, powerful and with high shot counts. For whatever reason you’re shooting, there’s an airgun out there that’s literally PERFECT for your application……It’s like, how do they get better?
The above states it very well. Maybe you need to buy a Umarex Notos to play with?🤓🙀🙈

No delta wolf?, just impacts?
Nope, no Delta Wolves - thought about them for awhile when they first came out but never opted to get one. Didn't like the look of the stock and didn't feel like messing with the electronics at that time.

Gents,

I wait patiently for the FX Mark Eleventeen XXX M43 Impact…

Yennie,

You messed with any of the semi-autos? A possible new frontier for you…

Justin
No (true) semi-autos either - totally not practical for my purposes. The Leshiy 2 is as close to semi-auto as I'll go but I hardly ever blow through a mag in quick succession.

I can relate. I've offloaded a couple dozen guns of late and plan to offload more at the upcoming Hickory airgun show. I almost think that it was more fun when tinkering was required. I recall spending countless hours on QB conversions and DAQ's to get the best out of them. Then I started getting the $$$ guns and quickly bored of them. I knew at any given point, I could take out an Air Wolf and it would hit what I wanted, when I wanted... as long as I did my part.

I suppose now I'm at the stage where I dont care to tinker. I've got several go to guns and several others that I dont want to sell just yet due to nostalgia or sentimental value and the rest will be slowly gotten rid of.

I've enjoyed the advancements in optics over the last few years, though. I still am having a hard time getting on board with digital scopes. I have a Pard, which is nice... but it also is a little challenging to pick up and just 'shoot'.

I am hoping for more semi-auto choices. I really enjoy shooting my Leshiy’s, but would like more rounds in the mag, and a short bull pup. I am watching the Kalibr Springbok. Right now it is only available in .22. I want .30 and in short. So I am hoping for the right option in the Springbok. If those options become available I will probably buy a new gun, if not I will just stick with what I have.