Other Yawnnnnn...will 2024 bring any interesting new PCPs?

I don't know if I'm just getting bored with airguns but there hasn't been any interesting guns to buy in recent memory. The two models I had half an eye on this last year turned out to be pretty meh: the BRK Ghost was too similar to my Impacts and the Skout turned out to be an ultra heavy, uber expensive & gimmicky talking niche gun. This Skout was touted to be some revolutionary, game-changing super rifle but, after the initial hype, it sure seem to have landed with a big thud. The much hyped FX Panthera was also a yawner b/c it's purpose built for purpose that is of no interest to me.

Without anything new and exciting to buy, I found myself buying more Impacts and Leshiy 2's . . . neither of which I needed. Oh yeah, I was very fortunate to find Michael's Colibri last month and got reunited with probably the only rifle that I've truly regretted selling but even then, we're talking about a rifle that is like a decade old?

So what are you guys looking forward to? Are there any cool new rifles coming out in the near that have you excited?
Time for a Steyr Pro X 10

Brocock Ghost is the poor cousin of Delta Wolf.

It is logic that Daystate as owner of Brocock, could eventually come with a beautiful classic style rifle with all adjustments possible already in the Ghost.

What I really would like is that if that rifle is ever made, they include an electronic trigger.

That one would be a SUPER rifle !!!!

Reactions: L.Leon
I humbly submit that smaller manufactures being so much more in tune thus quicker to respond to their customer base will birth thoughtful innovations. One reason American Air Arms has build such a faithful base is the brand responsibly is with one guys name.
Indeed our advanced technologies have given us some very good, but also some very system dependent lives.

I’m surprised no one has mentioned the new FX DRS. It may not bring any more power to the table but to us old school PB shooters that got into PCP Airguns it brings back the classic look of a bull barreled varmint rifle of the 70’s with a good price for the quality your getting. I personally have had a couple of all metal chasis bull pup style rifles and they don’t have the appeal for me as they are top heavy pieces of tubes , extruded rails and bulky carbon fiber tanks with an AR grip. Not pretty but they are efficient and accurate. I’m looking forward to getting my preordered DRS classic and taking it into the woods.

About the only thing that's really gonna get money out of my wallet on the latest and quite possibly greatest airgun innovation this year would be .20 cal STX liners from FX (yeah... when pigs can fly). Otherwise my desires lean more towards the vintage stuff at the moment, in terms of purchases. Hopefully all of these new innovations shake a few pre-owned gems loose!

Reactions: xsarfc9x
This is why I don't care for high end airguns. I find joy in taking a $350 pcp and making my own custom parts to have a one off that I can call my own. I do understand though that not everyone is a gunsmith/machinist with thousands of dollars in equipment to be able to do the same.
This is what I was thinking too. Yen for the amount of money you seem to spend on airguns (not a criticism hahah), I think you could pick up a decent lathe and mill, either new or you can pick up some of the older industrial quality equipment (such as a Bridgeport mill, or south bend lathe) but those things last forever. Just keep tooling in mind budget wise, but you won’t need a ton to start. Or you can even get some decent cnc machines.

But more importantly it will give you an entire new thing to learn about and experiment with.

https://www.grizzly.com/products/grizzly-12-x-36-combination-gunsmithing-lathe-mill/g0791

https://www.precisionmatthews.com/shop/pm-1440-2sm/

https://www.cncmasters.com/baron-milling-machine/

Example of not so pretty but near indestructible industrial machinery (I can’t speak to this particular listing nor should that info come from a relative newcomer to machining but I’m sure a ton of guys such as @TheBeardedGunsmith could advise you)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/225902426772

Reactions: TheBeardedGunsmith
No yawning for 2024!

Its only March, and we have already seen:

1. A new airgun platform from FX
2. 7000 psi PCP air compressor
3. And last but not least, a .95 caliber air gun from AEA.

Now, unless your hunting pre-historic dinosaurs, WHY would anyone need a .95 caliber, anti-aircraft airgun is the real question!