Other Yawnnnnn...will 2024 bring any interesting new PCPs?

id just like to see some dedicated slug guns that will shoot slugs as good as my m3 shoots pellets.

then i woke up lol

Yupp, besides the semi-auto GK1 pistol — that's what I'm looking for:
That slug manufacturers and barrel manufacturers (non-drinking straws) get their act together and take the suspense out of the slug barrel lottery for extreme long range XLR.... (BC's like what Altaros is offering, but with many more choices). 😊

Matthias

Yeah, you're right; rifles are SOOO BORING! You just need to get into pistols to reinvigorate your love life.:eek: Ladies love pistoleros; I can't keep the pistol groupies off me!

Here's a good start on a brand new offering from Rapid Air Works-

View attachment 391990

"Ladies love outlaws like babies love stray dogs." And no self-respecting outlaw isn't a Pistolero!

6A08908C-50A8-463D-A3F8-A86747AB98F3.jpeg

Lol. Just kidding
pistoleros rock!

The red panda has cought my interest... waiting for more information to be released on it.

would also be interesting to see Benjamin coming out with a side lever version of the marauder. Something similar to the hybrid rifle used by John Salpietro of crossman/Benjamin at pyramid air cup this year (had a challenger block and a SAM tube iirc). An article has also been written about it in HAM back in August 2021. Here it is for anyone interested.

Yennie,
Sounds strange, I'm a little thankful this year's offerings were easy to pass up. Western Sidewinder .30 was only one that caught my eye but hard to justify after purchasing these from Krale during winter 2022/23. Both .30 (700mm) for a grand total of $2630.22 (w/o scopes) to-my-door. WM
IMG_20230926_171811.jpg

The red panda has cought my interest... waiting for more information to be released on it.

would also be interesting to see Benjamin coming out with a side lever version of the marauder. Something similar to the hybrid rifle used by John Salpietro of crossman/Benjamin at pyramid air cup this year (had a challenger block and a SAM tube iirc). An article has also been written about it in HAM back in August 2021. Here it is for anyone interested.
Well, I do love my Benjamin’s but I’ll be honest, it sure looks to me like like there is effectively ZERO interest in innovation at Crosman/Benjamin/Velocity Outdoors. Unless it’s being done in Turkey for them.
The marauder has been out for 14 or 15 years now I believe. I think it was 2010 when I got my first .25 Marauder that I was on the waiting list for when it first hit the market.
A side lever for the marauder is years past due.
A .30 offering in the Marauder…. also YEARS past due.
They finally made a picatinny receiver and only made it available on the Armada and the Field and Target version.
The non-functional “depinger” that they put in the second generation marauder is probably the most ridiculous/ineffective nonsense thing I’ve ever seen. I can’t believe this made it into production.
I dunno. Just seems to me that they missed out on virtually every opportunity to improve (iirc) the hottest selling airgun they’ve ever had. As a matter of fact they went backwards when they started producing their own .25 barrels and quit using the Green Mtn barrels for the .25s.
But oh well. I’m enjoying the “Benjamin” rifles from Turkbenjistan more than anything else they are bringing to market currently. I’d expect to see them bring a .30 from Turkey before they invest in updating the marauder platform at this point. Too bad they are letting it go stale like that.

Yennie,
Sounds strange, I'm a little thankful this year's offerings were easy to pass up. Western Sidewinder .30 was only one that caught my eye but hard to justify after purchasing these from Krale during winter 2022/23. Both .30 (700mm) for a grand total of $2630.22 (w/o scopes) to-my-door. WMView attachment 392065
Nice. The Uragan 2 in walnut 600mm is on my list.

Nice. The Uragan 2 in walnut 600mm is on my list.
Sweet gun, smoother and quieter than the V3, just returned from "balanced" valve warranty replacement @ Krale. Synthetic stock only for me, hate worrying about first scratch in wood, cheaper, too. Both guns hammer JSB 44.75s @ 96 FPE out of the box, silly accurate. Vector Veyron 6-24x44 FFP super subcompact scopes on WestHunter cantilever 30mm scope rings. Pure murder combination, WM

Well, I do love my Benjamin’s but I’ll be honest, it sure looks to me like like there is effectively ZERO interest in innovation at Crosman/Benjamin/Velocity Outdoors. Unless it’s being done in Turkey for them.
The marauder has been out for 14 or 15 years now I believe. I think it was 2010 when I got my first .25 Marauder that I was on the waiting list for when it first hit the market.
A side lever for the marauder is years past due.
A .30 offering in the Marauder…. also YEARS past due.
They finally made a picatinny receiver and only made it available on the Armada and the Field and Target version.
The non-functional “depinger” that they put in the second generation marauder is probably the most ridiculous/ineffective nonsense thing I’ve ever seen. I can’t believe this made it into production.
I dunno. Just seems to me that they missed out on virtually every opportunity to improve (iirc) the hottest selling airgun they’ve ever had. As a matter of fact they went backwards when they started producing their own .25 barrels and quit using the Green Mtn barrels for the .25s.
But oh well. I’m enjoying the “Benjamin” rifles from Turkbenjistan more than anything else they are bringing to market currently. I’d expect to see them bring a .30 from Turkey before they invest in updating the marauder platform at this point. Too bad they are letting it go stale like that.
Agreed, it's kinda sad that even though the marauder is an iconic platform it hasn't really received any true updates in the parts that matter. They offer lw barrels from what I've seen on pyramid but that's pretty much it. Sure the semi auto is cool and all but making the pic rail breech block the standard and adding a side lever shouldnt be all that hard.. the challenger / marauder prototype thing has been circulating for quite a while. Maybe that hints to an upcoming version of the rifle with all the desirable features? Dunno that's just speculation on my part.

Reactions: Dairyboy
Think we are in for a year of used toast for breakfast.
FX’s attempt with the King is boring rehashed pablum for the fanatics.
Take a Panthera add a GRS stock and pretend it is something new.
Hopefully some other makers will realize that we may be crazy but we ain’t that stupid.
Are we?

Tom, AAA has some interesting advancements to his evols more adjustments and a custom much anticipated heavy barrel! I would think it would be a red panda killer. Truly built to last and expertly machined. ( I don’t understand why Manufacturers don’t thread or clamp the barrel with all that bearing surface it provides such as Thomas and AAA? )