Other Yawnnnnn...will 2024 bring any interesting new PCPs?

I’m looking forward to seeing the new Evol mini .30, the AGT pistol that is supposed to come out, and the Epic airguns Evol-esque bottle gun. But so far this year it’s been a snooze fest for me as far as any new thing to hit the market. Zzzzz
845BC1AD-B9DD-429E-987E-32B29A58E76F.gif

I'm with you. Heck I made a post earlier this year asking about anything interesting as I took a good 8 month break from the forums. My Evol Mini satisfied me all that time. Came back and had:
-Ghost, really like it but spending $2200 on an airgun again? Not what I wanted
-Panthera, too long for me
-Rattler/Sidewinder, no need for semi auto and massive, also expensive
-Epoch, lol cool in theory but massive and very very expensive

So what'd I end up with? A Notos 🤣 laugh as you might its a fun little gun!

Later I thought about maybe getting a high shot count .22, thought a Cricket Tac from Derrick. Daughter ended up getting sick during that time and Dr's weren't sure what it was and testing and yada yada and ended up not doing that at the time. Later i looked at maybe going maybe a used .25 for shooting in windy conditions, ended up getting some .22 JTS 18gr pellets that had a much better BC than the 16gr I was using and closed the gap and said not worth it.

So recently sold a couple scopes and alot of pellets and got a Helos BTR Gen2 2-12x42 for the Evol which is a perfect fit for the gun instead of the larger 4-20x50 Helos I had on it. And now ordered a PRS Lite stock for it instead of the MOE stock I had on it since I've owned it. And I'm money ahead now lol. Once Tom has the new easy cocking hammer system for the Evols out I'll get one too. Other than that I see no reason for another gun or anything more in the airgun world. Nothing is selling me that I just need it. I love Taipans but not a fan of the direction they went so that's out. The Ghost would be awesome but too much money than I want to invest in the hobby anymore. Not much else interesting these days. Glad I'm not the only one.

I’m looking forward to seeing the new Evol mini .30, the AGT pistol that is supposed to come out, and the Epic airguns Evol-esque bottle gun. But so far this year it’s been a snooze fest for me as far as any new thing to hit the market. Zzzzz View attachment 391915
AGT pistol???

I'm with you. Heck I made a post earlier this year asking about anything interesting as I took a good 8 month break from the forums. My Evol Mini satisfied me all that time. Came back and had:
-Ghost, really like it but spending $2200 on an airgun again? Not what I wanted
-Panthera, too long for me
-Rattler/Sidewinder, no need for semi auto and massive, also expensive
-Epoch, lol cool in theory but massive and very very expensive

So what'd I end up with? A Notos 🤣 laugh as you might its a fun little gun!

Later I thought about maybe getting a high shot count .22, thought a Cricket Tac from Derrick. Daughter ended up getting sick during that time and Dr's weren't sure what it was and testing and yada yada and ended up not doing that at the time. Later i looked at maybe going maybe a used .25 for shooting in windy conditions, ended up getting some .22 JTS 18gr pellets that had a much better BC than the 16gr I was using and closed the gap and said not worth it.

So recently sold a couple scopes and alot of pellets and got a Helos BTR Gen2 2-12x42 for the Evol which is a perfect fit for the gun instead of the larger 4-20x50 Helos I had on it. And now ordered a PRS Lite stock for it instead of the MOE stock I had on it since I've owned it. And I'm money ahead now lol. Once Tom has the new easy cocking hammer system for the Evols out I'll get one too. Other than that I see no reason for another gun or anything more in the airgun world. Nothing is selling me that I just need it. I love Taipans but not a fan of the direction they went so that's out. The Ghost would be awesome but too much money than I want to invest in the hobby anymore. Not much else interesting these days. Glad I'm not the only one.
+1 on the Notos. I bought the plenum extension and threaded shroud caps for it to tinker with this winter. I really just want to shorten it down for stowing in a small backpack by having a removable moderator but I’m also going to do a little experimenting using a lighter hammer spring with a heavier hammer and see how that makes it feel when cocking it. I think it might make the cocking nicer as well as possibly make the trigger pull a little better with less pressure on the sear.
I may very well buy a second one so I can just use the first one as a project and not worry too much if I get too carried away with anything. Hahaha I know I need to take off about a half inch or so of the barrel to get the moderator to be flush with the rail thing that the shroud is inside of.
So I guess I would have to admit that so far this year my most inspiring purchase has in fact been the Notos.

Are there any jurisdictions in the States where you could have an AI-powered drone with a semi-auto pcp that would roam your property, find and kill various pests? Perhaps you'd need some sort of live feed and cellphone "kill confirmation" to be legal, to make it not fully autonomous.

I'd love to have such an item. Unfortunately I'm pretty sure that'd violate basically every law in Canada.

Last edited:
OP, Are you bored with shooting or with collecting?

I do admit to having more airguns than I really need or can justify so I'm no longer looking for the latest, greatest new and shiny one to buy.

I did jump on a .22/700mm Panthera as a BR rifle to fill a niche that I've been wanting to explore and it seems that I've become a collector of .22 caliber 30 FPE PCPs but I'm no longer in "buying mode".

I never get bored with my airguns, even the ones I've had for many decades.

I like to plink off-hand, if hitting my 1" spinner gets too easy then I just take a couple of steps back to increase the challenge.

Cheers!

OP, Are you bored with shooting or with collecting?

I do admit to having more airguns than I really need or can justify so I'm no longer looking for the latest, greatest new and shiny one to buy.

I did jump on a .22/700mm Panthera as a BR rifle to fill a niche that I've been wanting to explore and it seems that I've become a collector of .22 caliber 30 FPE PCPs but I'm no longer in "buying mode".

I never get bored with my airguns, even the ones I've had for many decades.

I like to plink off-hand, if hitting my 1" spinner gets too easy then I just take a couple of steps back to increase the challenge.

Cheers!
I rotate through my PCPs. I have bullpups. , carbines and traditional wood rifles.

The L2 blows some wind up my skirt but that’s hardly a new model ….

Love my budget horde

Last edited:
Reactions: Vana2 and yenniedn
I don't know if I'm just getting bored with airguns but there hasn't been any interesting guns to buy in recent memory. The two models I had half an eye on this last year turned out to be pretty meh: the BRK Ghost was too similar to my Impacts and the Skout turned out to be an ultra heavy, uber expensive & gimmicky talking niche gun. This Skout was touted to be some revolutionary, game-changing super rifle but, after the initial hype, it sure seem to have landed with a big thud. The much hyped FX Panthera was also a yawner b/c it's purpose built for purpose that is of no interest to me.

Without anything new and exciting to buy, I found myself buying more Impacts and Leshiy 2's . . . neither of which I needed. Oh yeah, I was very fortunate to find Michael's Colibri last month and got reunited with probably the only rifle that I've truly regretted selling but even then, we're talking about a rifle that is like a decade old?

So what are you guys looking forward to? Are there any cool new rifles coming out in the near that have you excited?
You have never said what Your Shooting interests are ? just that you are bored . How are we to help if you do not tell us what your interest is ?

I rotate through my PCPs. I have bullpups. , carbines and traditional wood rifles.

The L2 blows some wind up my skirt but that’s hardly a new model ….

Love my budget horde
Yup... PCPs, MPPs, SSPs, springers, love them all!

Have a "lottery draw" system that I use to make sure each one gets its fair amount of trigger time. Wouldn’t want grumblings about favoritism causing trouble in the gun cabinets! 😉

I think it’s possible that the boredom comes from the fact that airguns are so totally outstanding these days. And the variety is myriad! Sub-12 to 200+ ft/lbs, .177 cal to .72 cal, barn pesters to 400 yard snipers. So many out there that are accurate, reliable, powerful and with high shot counts. For whatever reason you’re shooting, there’s an airgun out there that’s literally PERFECT for your application……It’s like, how do they get better?
This is very well stated and I think this has a lot to do with it. The Impacts and L2's do what I need them to do (occasional >100yd plinking & pest control) very, very well so it's hard to imagine that something else is going to do those things so much better that it'll knock them out of the rotation or gun safe.

I can relate. I've offloaded a couple dozen guns of late and plan to offload more at the upcoming Hickory airgun show. I almost think that it was more fun when tinkering was required. I recall spending countless hours on QB conversions and DAQ's to get the best out of them. Then I started getting the $$$ guns and quickly bored of them. I knew at any given point, I could take out an Air Wolf and it would hit what I wanted, when I wanted... as long as I did my part.

I suppose now I'm at the stage where I dont care to tinker. I've got several go to guns and several others that I dont want to sell just yet due to nostalgia or sentimental value and the rest will be slowly gotten rid of.

I've enjoyed the advancements in optics over the last few years, though. I still am having a hard time getting on board with digital scopes. I have a Pard, which is nice... but it also is a little challenging to pick up and just 'shoot'.
Rob, I wasn't never really a tinkerer but it became fun and somewhat necessary to get the rifles to fit your specific taste and needs. Now that I've done that for both the Impact and L2, I think I want the next thing to play with but haven't found it yet. As for scopes, I tried some of the "nice" scopes a couple of years ago and found that (for my eyes) they didn't justify the 2x-3x price difference. The Hawke Frontiers I have on all of my rifles now have proven to be the best overall balance of design, image & build quality, weight and cost so I'll be sticking with them for awhile.

Yeah, you're right; rifles are SOOO BORING! You just need to get into pistols to reinvigorate your love life.:eek: Ladies love pistoleros; I can't keep the pistol groupies off me!

Here's a good start on a brand new offering from Rapid Air Works-

RAW pistol.jpeg

"Ladies love outlaws like babies love stray dogs." And no self-respecting outlaw isn't a Pistolero!