• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Yard sale marauder fun!

So Saturday a week ago I was driving home after a hard week when we passed a yard sale. I glanced at it and noticed some guns- one that looked like it had to be a benjamin marauder. Now mind you I was in no shape to be buying another airgun, I was waiting for the notos to arrive at the time. But ive got to stop 🛑. It won’t cost anything to look 👀. So I walk up to it and sure enough, a gen 2 .22 marauder synthetic, brand new box and paperwork included. Never been shot.
WELL!
So I look at some other things he’s got, buy a few things, and as I’m “about ready to walk away” I ask him;” hey whataya want for this”. After explaining that it was a PCP airgun and that it was a 600 dollar gun he said he’d take 250 for it.
GULP!
I said I’d do 200, and prepared to walk away.
I did, with the marauder under my arm.
So I bring it home and start shooting it. I’m pleasantly surprised, they’ve improved this over the gen 1. It’s quieter, much tamer shot cycle and more efficient. Great shot count too. GREAT!
So I’ve been seeing here on agn how some have been doing their own diy spray paint hydro-dip. I really like the looks of that stuff. I’m gonna try that on my cheap yard sale marauder.
So after watching a bunch of youtube videos and a visit to the hardware store to get the spay paint I go ahead and try it. The first try didn’t come out as good as i liked it. Neither the second. But after three try’s below is what it looks like. I guess I can live with that.
Now to let it cure awhile, get a scope mounted and sighted in! I wonder if I can tune it up and get it to shoot 23 gr. NSA’s?

75A92BAF-E3E0-4522-B8CA-A8850EC7370A.jpeg

F94A2B54-9FA3-47A6-92E1-FA6E8E7F09E0.jpeg

Great find!!!!! Can't beat it for the price. I like the dyi camo job too. I hope it shoots lights out for you. There are quite a few mods tips and tricks to really make the marauder shine. And heck at $200 in you could add a couple aftermarket trinkets and still be in under the cost of a new one. I'm sure the marauder is just as happy to now belong to someone that is going to shoot it! Have fun and keep us posted on how it shoots and how you like it.

Reactions: airprsr
So Saturday a week ago I was driving home after a hard week when we passed a yard sale. I glanced at it and noticed some guns- one that looked like it had to be a benjamin marauder. Now mind you I was in no shape to be buying another airgun, I was waiting for the notos to arrive at the time. But ive got to stop 🛑. It won’t cost anything to look 👀. So I walk up to it and sure enough, a gen 2 .22 marauder synthetic, brand new box and paperwork included. Never been shot.
WELL!
So I look at some other things he’s got, buy a few things, and as I’m “about ready to walk away” I ask him;” hey whataya want for this”. After explaining that it was a PCP airgun and that it was a 600 dollar gun he said he’d take 250 for it.
GULP!
I said I’d do 200, and prepared to walk away.
I did, with the marauder under my arm.
So I bring it home and start shooting it. I’m pleasantly surprised, they’ve improved this over the gen 1. It’s quieter, much tamer shot cycle and more efficient. Great shot count too. GREAT!
So I’ve been seeing here on agn how some have been doing their own diy spray paint hydro-dip. I really like the looks of that stuff. I’m gonna try that on my cheap yard sale marauder.
So after watching a bunch of youtube videos and a visit to the hardware store to get the spay paint I go ahead and try it. The first try didn’t come out as good as i liked it. Neither the second. But after three try’s below is what it looks like. I guess I can live with that.
Now to let it cure awhile, get a scope mounted and sighted in! I wonder if I can tune it up and get it to shoot 23 gr. NSA’s?

View attachment 360122

View attachment 360123
Heck yeah! 🍻