• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Events Xtreme Field Target January 22nd @ Phoenix Rod & Gun Club

I’m with Centercut there’s no doubt.177 has the advantage over.30 on a 3/8 KZ. I mean it’s not rocket science I’d play Michael Jordan a game of pig for $10,000 if they reduced goal to 1/4 inch bigger than the ball and I could use a baseball for my shots. Same principle!

Exactly. If we assume most are shooting .22 caliber, and calculate that there is an “effective” reduction in KZ size of 0.08” from a .22 caliber to .30 caliber, we can calculate the 26 yard 3/8” Troyer at 88.1, and the 46 yard 5/8” Troyer at 84.4. It’ll be interesting for sure!

Nah, I like the T80+ KZs. I’m good with no forced position lanes. After all, this isn’t AAFTA, it’s XFT. I got exactly what I asked for and I’m happy with that…. 🤪.
NoFilters, I think you got confused - stating the obvious isn’t whining… . So If you question the science you must be a racist or something, right? ROFLMAO

PRIZES and AWARDS!!!!

jd logo.1641929378.jpg

JDs Custom Design is sponsoring the January match by supplying a $50 gift card, good towards just about anything. JD offers a range of truly custom options including scope wheels, pointers, level/pointer combos, windicators, custom stocks, oversized scope knobs, butt hooks, pistol and rifle stocks, etc etc etc. He recently expanded into aluminum, and tooled up with CNC machines. I ordered an aluminum wheel from him for a somewhat obscure scope for my pistol ft rig about two weeks ago and he made it happen, no problems. Check out his website when you get a chance. https://jdscustomdesign.com/

The JDs Custom Design $50 gift card will go to "the longest streak from first miss, pellet or slug." Caveat: placing high enough to medal/win cash excludes a shooter from being eligible for the gift card. Intent here is to spread the prizes around. Somebody may only hit 12/40 but if they hit them all in a row, they go home with a gift card if the rest of the non-medal/cash winning shooters have streaks less than 12. 

aoa logo.1641930127.jpg

AOA, by way of owner Robert Buchanan, is sponsoring this match with prize money!!! 

Placing breakdown will be the same for pellet and slug class. You've got to beat someone to get cash though. (Example: Only 3 slug shooters = first and second get cash, not third. Another example, only 2 slug shooters = only first place gets cash). 

1st-$60

2nd-$30

3rd-$15

prgc club.1641930397.jpg

PR&G Club is sharing their facilities with us by hosting the match, as well as donating medals for first, second, and third. Same rules as for cash prizes, you gotta beat somebody to "medal." 

We can't begin to express how much we appreciate our sponsors!!!

From various contacts within the competitive airgunning scene, it is sounding like January will be a record turnout. Come join us and see what it's all about. 

Registration now open. 

A couple things....

First, try this updated link, as the one in the original post here is broken. https://practiscore.com/search/matches?refinementList%5Bstate%5D%5B0%5D=Arizona&refinementList%5Bcity%5D%5B0%5D=Phoenix

That should take you to the search results for the Practiscore matches in PHX, you'll still have to scroll down to find the XFT event in the search results and then click on it and log in to register. You'll need to create a username and password if you have not already done so. Practiscore website is a bit clunky but does what we need it to. Looks like we've got 9 registered so far. Last month there were only 7 registered the day before the match, and we ended up with around 18 shooters if memory serves. So, for there to already be 9, a week early, I suspect we'll be 25 or 30+ this month, likely the most we've ever had come out. 

Second, Ben finalized and sent me the #s for the kill zone sizes and distances so I could work out the difficulty factor.

Small primer for the Troyer difficulty factor here (Xtreme Troyer Factor). It really is quite simple. The Troyer Factor is just the distance divided by kill zone size. If target is 51-75 yards, further multiply by 1.125. If target is 76-100 yards multiply by 1.25. Assigning a numerical value to the difficulty of a target is about the best way to conceptualize how hard or easy a target is, relative to others. Or, when calculating out all the Troyers for each target on the course and taking an average, we can figure out if one month is easier or harder than previous months. A general rating system if you will. 

Now, to the numbers. I'll first address the 18 "regular" non-Killer Troyer lane targets. 

The easiest/lowest T factor target on the course is a 1.25" @ 30 yarder, for a T of 24. 

The hardest non Killer Troyer lane target on the course is a 3 incher @ 100 yards for a T of 41.7.

The average Troyer factor for the 9 nears is 27.4, which equates to about a 1" kill zone at 27 yards. Should be high knockdown ratios on the near targets. 

The average Troyer factor for the 9 fars is 34.7, which is roughly 2" kz @ 66 yards or a 3" kz @ 82 yards. 

The average overall Troyer factor for those 18 targets is 31, which is roughly equivalent to a 2" kz @ 56 yards.

For the already much debated Killer Troyer Lane, slight changes from previous announcements. 

• The near on the Killer T lane will be a 7/16inch kz @ 26 yards for a T of 59.43. (0.4375 is the 7/16inch kz expressed as a decimal point so, 26 yards / 0.4375 = 59.43) All for you Centerguy.
  • The far on the Killer T lane will be a 5/8inch kz @ 46 yards for a T of 73.6. (0.625 is the 5/8 kz expressed as a decimal point so, 46 yards / 0.625 = 73.6)

My thoughts on all of the above......

• We should have many more shooters breaking the 50% knockdown rate this month. 
  • If the wind ain't nasty, I won't be surprised if we see a high score of 38ish, which would be an all time record for the monthly XFT matches, albeit a record on an overall easier course.
  • As Bobby would say, the course this month will be "do-able." Mostly. lol.
  • Make em count on the 36 non Killer Troyer lane shots!!! 
  • Should be a heck of a fun time.

Awwww, man! 7/16” on the 26 yard Killer T near target instead of 3/8”? ;)

Centerguy still feels the Extreme Troyer is ammo diameter dependent on KZs where the diameter of the pellet is a significant part of the KZ diameter. Running the number on the easiest near KZ (1.25” at 30 yards) only brings it from T24 to T25.6 A minor difference.

But I do think there is something to smaller KZs (under say 3/4”) and Extreme T for calibers larger than the common .22 which is shot by most. For example, from 22 to .30 you can calculate that there is an “effective” reduction in KZ size of 0.08” So we can calculate the 26 yard 7/16” Troyer at 72.7 and the 46 yard 5/8” Troyer remains at 84.4 for those that decide it’s not hard enough with .22 and want the additional challenge of shooting .30 caliber. LOL

Have you and 5 power been practicing?

Mike and Wayne are painting targets today. I have all kill zones set and the targets will fall with 20 ftlbs at muzzle. If wind is not atrocious I will be shooting Vern my .177 HP Daystate Redwolf. I am shooting on power level 5 the 16.2 beasts at 940fps. I hope everyone has a good time and this venue grows to its true potential. We will be having a 2 day, yes range gave us 4th Saturday and Sunday in March for the new national GP match with shooters being able to carry points front this match to the EBR at the end of year for a National XFT championship. This will be along with the xft at the EBR. So stay tuned for details still being ironed out. SHARE AND SPREAD THE NEWS.