• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Results Xtreme Field Target Feb 2022 Match Report

@nofilters in regards to the yellow strip of paint down the paddle weld, terminating in the center of the target....I'm all for it. (as long as it doesn't make target prep much more difficult). 

As I commented elsewhere, I was using a much better scope than Ive used in the past XFT matches, so that muddies the waters a bit, but I felt like I could determine the edges of the KZ easier by knowing that yellow strip of paint went from the center of the kill zone down to the 6 oclock position. 

Good analysis Cole. I think the 100Y KZs were 3” not 1”. It looks like Jan and Feb were about the same. How do they compare to the low scoring in November where the high score was 24/40 or 60%?

So Ben is telling me he's going to not change any kill zones by more than 1/4 of an inch "until we have high scores as a majority rather than the minority." So this past Saturday's difficulty factor going to be pretty much the norm for the foreseeable future.

Here is a copy and paste from the November 2021 match report. 

"So, I did the number crunching and the Extreme Troyer Factor for the course was a 41.6975, or basically a 42. The long explanation of what that means is here- https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/extreme-troyer-factor/ The short explanation of what a ETF of 42 means is that the course was extremely difficult. 

For some perspective, last month's overall Extreme Troyer score for the match was a 37, and Van shot a 31/40 on that course. Last Feb's course rating was an ETF of 40 and the high that month was 26/40 and last March's course was an ETF of 32.6 and the high score that month was a 29/40."

The high pellet score in Nov 2021 was 24/40 (60%) shot by Centerguy with a .30 FX Bobcat. (Nov was the Extreme Troyer Factor of 42 in the copy and paste). 

It’s interesting when I shot that round I only noticed that the near KZs were kinda small, but didn’t really consider that 24 was a good score until I turned in the card and the next highest was Van with a 22. I was so used to 26 or 27 being the high score that I just thought I didn’t really shoot that great…. 

@ franklink

That is the beauty of our target system, you can dial the difficulty that is necessary. These targets will hold up to 22 rimfires. To 12ftlb @ the muzzle, will knock them down @55 yds and 20flbs@muzzle will knock them down @ 100yards. VERSATILE!!!!!!!!!!! The Kill Zones are adjustable we have sizes from 3/8"-2-3/4"The reducers are interchangeable, so any target can be used at any distance. The faceplate alone is a 3" Kill zone.I have also created a new mounting system for our targets. If you notice in the pictures of Lane#1 and #3 you do not see any pallets and the animals look much better and a realistic type of hunting visual. This type of target mounting can easily be used in AAFTA targets also. This will negate the need for clamps and blocks or any other mounting stuff. This would save clubs money and time.