Xisico Sentry 705 Owners

Recently bought a new Xisico Sentry 705 .22 from Mike @ Flying Dragon Air Rifles. Don't have a lot of trigger-time with it but so far, am very impressed with build quality, power, shot count & accuracy for a budget Chineseium PCP. The Sidelever cocking is super smooth and the magazines seem to work well.

Have it set on power level 3 and have only tried a couple different pellets to date. Had hopes it would like the soft Daisy hollowpoints that my Benjamin Maximus & Fortitude shoot so well but beyond 25 yards accuracy goes south. Found it really likes the H&N Hunter HP's - close to one hole at 25 yards and out to 50 was getting consistent head shots on ground squirrels. Have JSB Hades, JSB Diablo 18.13, H&N FTT, H&N Hunter Extreme, and Crosman PHP's to try yet.

The trigger out of the box had a very long, snatchy, 1st stage with what felt like a 3-4lb 2nd stage break. Tried searching for a trigger tuning tutorial but all I found was a review by AirGun Detectives where he showed replacing the stock trigger spring held in by a set screw with a lighter ballpoint pen spring. Did this and pull weight dropped to just over 1lb and seems to have smoothed out the 1st stage a bit too. That stock trigger spring is STIFF!

So, how are you other Sentry Owners liking yours?

I bought one for my buddy and tuned it to shoot cheap Walmart Crosman 14.3’s. I had to make a smaller transfer port for it because it was just too hot for those pellets. I fixed the trigger but did it mechanically. No spring change was making that trigger the best it could be. I wrote about it over on GTA in that giant Xisico 705 topic. Check page 36 of that topic.

I bought one for my buddy and tuned it to shoot cheap Walmart Crosman 14.3’s. I had to make a smaller transfer port for it because it was just too hot for those pellets. I fixed the trigger but did it mechanically. No spring change was making that trigger the best it could be. I wrote about it over on GTA in that giant Xisico 705 topic.

What's your handle at GTA and I'll try and look up your post on the subject - the search function there sucks.