Xinfrared T2 Pro Small Game Testing

There has been threads on this but I have been collecting data and clips on thermals and night scopes and instead of keeping them in my vidoe libraries for myself I figured I would start posting some. I apologize that they are just silent videos but just try and make stuff straight and to the point and show what they are about.

The Xinfrared T2 Pro is a thermal device that attaches to your phone. It comes with a handle and a phone mount so it can he held in one hand and uses the app and your phone screen to show you the image.

They are phone specific so make sure you choose the correct platform for iPhone or Android. They can be purchased on Amazon for right around $399 and $429 if you want to optional mount for a picatinny rail. So in my opinion this is a great way to dip your feet into the thermal world while still getting a usable image.

The downside to it using your phone as a screen is it will be brighter than if you were using a dedicated monocular where it's a much smaller screen and is shielded by an eye piece. With that said non of the animals in my video knew I was there and didn't give away my position. They do have an option in the app to turn on ninja mode which dims the screen but I have not tested that.

They come with a case to protect the unit and the corded connections but it's very thin and I am hoping to work with a friend to make a better case but out of the box and normal use it will be fine.

If you have never used a thermal while out pesting it is a complete game changer you can see a animal almost instantly and even though this unit is on the cheap side its still using a 256 sensor and see a rabbit at 50+ yards and being able to identify it was not a problem. 2 inch mouse at 20-30 yards no problem, granted it just looks like a moving blob but once you know what they are you can spot them. You have the option to enable heqt tracking which will show a reticle on the hottest thing in view but I find it distracting while a new user may find it very helpful to find an animal. You have the option to switch over to phone camera to get an idea while in day use. There are also 5 color options available this allows for users to see which pallet they like and which gives you the most detail.

All in all this is a great little unit with decent clarity for the price range. It will get you seeing what bumps in the night