• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Results XFT Phoenix 11/19/22 Night Match Results

3 rimfire and 10 pellet shooters competed at the November match.

Top 3 from Pellet class, (left to right) Cole R. Mike S. Wes C. (photo credit to Peykan...or maybe Wayne)
Screenshot_20221121-151534.png

The sun is setting around 5:25 this time of year. This was just as it settled down behind the small mountain to the west of Phoenix Rod and Gun Club.
PXL_20221119_234936739.jpg

On that note, thank you PRG&C for hosting us and sharing your facilities. We really enjoy the XFT matches and couldn't do it without your generosity and willingness to make a place for us, physically, and on the schedule.

I wasn't great at taking photos this time. Here's one of Colben trying out the Ghost on the sight-in line. He waffled back and forth between shooting this and "his" Veteran Short and ultimately decided to go with the one he's got more trigger time on (the Vet). And no, tripods are not "legal" but he's 9 so we cut him some slack, we'll get him weaned off the tripod at some point in the future.
PXL_20221120_002608505.jpg

The course difficulty was just a smidge easier than last month. It calc'd out to an overall Troyer of 34.6, and that's not adjusting for any wind. The highest Troyers were: 1.5" kill zone @ 56 yards for a T of 42 on lane 7, and then of course the 3" kzs at 100 yards on lane 3 and 10. I included knock down rates on these 3 "hardest" shots on the spec sheet.

There was very little wind to deal with, a slight draft quartering in from right to left, and only present some of the time. I'm guessing that temps were 50-60 degrees. I had only a light long-sleeved shirt on and was fine. Really pleasant weather, overall.

winners.jpg

You can see that the .22/25.4gr Monster Redesign was well-represented this month, with half of the pellet shooters going with that as their high BC projectile of choice. Three .25s, a single .30 and a single .20 were also used. I was impressed with Colben, knocking down an honest 50% with the little .20 @ 29fpe.

Shane Kellar, of Element Optics, competed and it was announced that Element is coming on board as a very generous sponsor of Xtreme Field Target. I asked him afterwards if he enjoyed it, and if it was enough to return. He enthusiastically responded in the affirmative, to both questions, He let us all take turns looking through a SWEET nice vision scope set-up. Colben thought it was so cool that he told his mom all about it, it was fun to listen to him recount the experience. Shane noted that he's got some cousins that just got in to airguns and he thinks that XFT is right up their alley. He also brought a box of hats for the competitors, always cool to get a nice hat. Thanks Shane! It was nice to meet you and hope to see more of ya at the matches.
PXL_20221121_121952678.jpg

Ben wanted me to add that if you're associated with a shooting sports company and interested in sponsorship of Xtreme Field Target, to please contact him at 480-694-6973

I wasn't part of set-up but I understand Wayne M and Mike S were a large part of that crew. Thank you! Also, thanks to Ben for all the behind scenes work he does to make these matches possible.

Last edited:
Had a geat time as usual! It did get a bit cold near the end of the match! Thank you Shane for the hat! Good shooting to Wes and Cole! Shooting 2) matches in one day and then setting up on Friday was hard on the old guys!
If you haven’t tried this yet get off your butt and try it!
PRGC is the only night match in the Country and the only venue that permits.22 rimfire.
Thanks Ben for your hard work also and Cole for the great write ups!
The targets worked flawlessly and are easy to pull up!
Mike

Cole, is the custom shroud on your gun tensioned, or is there a small gap between the shroud and the breech? Can't tell from the photos... Thanks!

Shroud on that gun is NOT tensioned. And yes there IS a small gap between shroud and gun frame/chassis.

While aftermarket/custom, the shroud is nearly identical to an OEM shroud. It uses the same 4 grub screw configuration to hold everything together at the rear (2 to hold rear shroud collar to barrel, and two to hold carbon fiber shroud to the collar. It has the same channel (as OEM) down the length of the rear shroud collar to act as a rear vent for the air in the shroud. The interior shroud support that threads onto the barrel at the muzzle end is the same as OEM. As far as design and function, the only difference is that it's made out of brass instead of the blued steel like OEM. I'll make a post over on the Ghost review discussion with some photos, been meaning to anyway.

Reactions: Sturkis