• The buying, selling, trading, or gifting of a standalone airgun moderator is no longer supported in the Classified section. An airgun moderator may be included in your ad ONLY if it is "affixed" to the airgun. Please review the updated Classified Rules and Known Scammers List before engaging in ANY transaction.

WTS: GAMO WILDCAT WHISPER - .177 Caliber

Status
Not open for further replies.

engliss44

Jul 23, 2016
maine
I bought this gun a year ago for $120.00 for fiddling around in my backyard for targets and squirrels that invade my bird feeders. I'm 79y/o and thought it would be a good past-time - WRONG! The gun is accurate and very powerful, and that is the problem. I can't get a scope mount to stay firm, so I'm always fiddling around with tightening screws and trying new mounts. It's gotten to be a pain and I'd like to sell it: $50 plus shipping from Maine. It does have one defect: the recoil hole in the barrel has been deformed by the recoil pins in the mounts moving from the rifle's recoil. The rim of the hole has been elongated a bit. You can still screw down a pin into the barrel though, so i don't know if that matters much. FYI, the break barrel on this gun does not rely on a spring. It has a gas cylinder that propels the pellets. This I like because you can load and cock it and not worry how long the gun is cocked. I heard that you can't do that with a spring break barrel. Besides the elongated recoil hole its in perfect condition and when the scope is secure it's very accurate. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.