• The buying, selling, trading, or gifting of a standalone airgun moderator is no longer supported in the Classified section. An airgun moderator may be included in your ad ONLY if it is "affixed" to the airgun. Please review the updated Classified Rules and Known Scammers List before engaging in ANY transaction.

[WTS] .30 cal FX Independence, with Arrow barrel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ballistics

Aug 19, 2020
Washington
Hello shoppers:

I bought the independence out of curiosity, so it has hardly been used. I was doing R&D at the time for a concept I had for a compound bow. I have been into airguns and archery since I was in the 8th grade, and was always more interested in how they worked than in shooting them. 

This thing is LOUD when shooting the arrows. It is something you would buy for plinking, it takes 3 or 4 pumps after each shot, not a problem when hunting, and you could hunt big game with the arrow barrel installed. 80 ft lbs with the .30 cal pellets.

I took it apart soon after I received it from AOA, for no particular reason, just to see how it worked! Actually, I did decrease the friction at the linkages. AOA had a nice how to video, and I used the proper lubes etc. I ordered spare seals for FX, I think they are in the safe with the Independence, but not sure, I can not open the safe! I may not be able to ship it for awhile! that story is related in my musings in the general discussion area, under "A bit of nostalgia"

At this point in time, putting it out there at best offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.