Wraith 4K max owners….

So I’ve been trying out different optics, trying to find something that I want to live on my Leshiy 2. I’ve tried a Wraith HD in the past and liked it, but resolution fell apart quickly when zooming in. Currently have a Oneleaf nv100 which is ok, but I’m wanting something better. I tried a ATN 4K Pro and whilst it was a step up from the Wraith HD and I liked it’s feature set, it still fell short when zoomed in and it never even got mounted on a rifle…I just sent it back. So, the last digital option I’ll entertain is a Wraith 4K max. The sensor it has is the highest resolution I’ve seen thus far, actually going beyond 4K resolution and the videos I’ve seen online look to be significantly better than the ATN 4K both at no mag and full magnification.

So, with all that said, can any of the Wraith 4K Max owners share their experience and thoughts on the Wraith? Can you zoom in and identify small game/targets easy enough from say 50 or 100yrds? I’d like good enough detail to determine what kind of bird I have my crosshairs on. If you have any videos to share, that would be a plus.

Thanks in advance. 

This mount shows the scope as sitting in a "V" groove like the top of an AR handle, that would make it harder to machine because you would also need to cut the angles. I was hoping it was a flat bottom with square sides which would be far too easy to skim a little angle into the mount.

https://sightmarkproducts.com/products/sightmark-wraith-mini-long-mount

Might be worth contacting them and mentioning that you need a 20 MOA mount and see what they say. Might be able to find someone to design and 3d print one for testing, looks like a perfect use for a resin printer.

I did a post on several of the Nightvision units sometime back. I try to keep it up to date.

On the Wraith the 2X16 unit has better record resolution.

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/night-vision-for-dummies/#post-995002

Digital zoom, is digital zoom, the more you zoom the more it degrades the picture. Not much you can do about that.

Nice post with good info but you don’t have the Wraith 4K Max listed, which is what I’m asking about. I’ve already ordered one, so will find out soon enough if it does what I want. Still like to hear others experiences with it though. 

I have my Wraith 4K Max on a quick detach base. I can move it from rifle to rifle and since it stores 4 reticle positions I can use it on 4 different guns. The QD base is 0 moa and even sitting on a 0 moa picatinny rail there is enough adjustment to zero a powder burner to a range much farther than the scope will be able to see at might even with the best IR illuminator. With air guns the adjustment range at 0 moa is more than adequate. Don't get wrapped around the axle on this. It's pretty straight forward. Just get the QD base for the Wraith.

Guess I need to update then.

Thanks

EDIT;

OK then I added it. By the specs it looks like a very nice unit.

Let us know what it is like once you have it figured out.

Good deal, will try to circle back here once I get it and report my findings. Also, I don’t know why they still have the Wi-Fi listed as a spec. From what I’ve read, it doesn’t have Wi-Fi or even the potential capability. I don’t believe there’s actually any Wi-Fi setting either…. I could be wrong.

Wraith uses a micro SD card. It has wifi but to my knowledge nobody has come out with an application for it to connect to a phone or tablet. The only way to view AFAIK is to take the card out and download to your PC or connect to your PC with scope turned on and view as a remote hard drive.

or

So it does transfer data over usb as well, not just power? I was wondering about that earlier today. 

So it does transfer data over usb as well, not just power? I was wondering about that earlier today.

Yes it does. I would love to have an app that I could see my shot on cell phone or tablet but somewhere they dropped the ball.

I have recorded stuff on mine and then use a USB to connect to my pc where I can view and download.

Resolution is pretty good to 125 yards with the right settings. Video is recorded in MP4