• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

WRABF…..ERABSF…..USARB 25 meterTarget post 11/30/15

Paul, I would have been a lot happier with your scores than the ones I did? And yeah, I need to thin out the herd.
So I can afford to spend the big bucks on a Thomas I guess? We'll see!

I was talking to Renae about selling the S500 and the Mrod and the Dragon. She say's "don't sell the Dragon" ?????? LOL
Who'd a thunk it?

Last night I asked Mike Niksch about shooting .22 cal in silhouette matches. He told me that the JSB beasts have a better BC than the JSB 18.1 grain .22's! Also the JSB monsters seem to be kicking Arse 
"I would try the 20 fpe rifle shooting the .177 monsters before trying anything else. It shoots very well out to 55 yards. Doug Miller has been winning every ft match he enters....including the CA state match with his Thomas. He just cleaned the course yesterday at the Casa match. It may surprise you."

You gotta get a Thomas, Jimmy 
CK

Jimmy, CK, Paul and Mark...... all great shooting. I'll be able to get to the January bench rest shoot near me in Holbrook Ma. and finaly test my gun for accuracy at 12fpe. It's the same S500 I was using in hunter class just turned down for wftf. Of course shooting lighter pellets it's time to go through the testing again to find out which is best. The first three cards should be enough to find the right pellet, I hope. 

And CK, how am I not surprised you jumped on getting a Thomas right away ;) I only hope they are still being made by the time I can get one.

"Strever"Rules and Classes

Light Varmint and Heavy Varmint, outlined in the www.wrabf.com rule book.
WORLD & EUROPEAN RIMFIRE & AIR RIFLE BENCHREST RULES 2013 - 2021
Rests:
A front rest shall only support the front portion of the rifle. The rear rest shall only support the rear portion of the rifle. Neither rest may be attached to the bench, the rifle or each other i.e.: Both parts shall be moveable independently of each other.
B. 8.1 Front Rest: Generally the front rest or pedestal does not have restrictions in terms of weight, material and design for these devices. (See APPENDIX G)The front rest must incorporate a pliable bag containing sand.The front portion of the rifle shall contact no portion of the rest (other than a stop at the front of the rest that can be used to locate the distance that the rifle is moved towards the target) other than the bag containing the sand. The bottom of the fore end of the stock must form a 100% contact with the top of the sand bag. The rest can incorporate vertical and horizontal adjustments, with any appropriate mechanism used to achieve this.
B.8.2 Rear Rest: To be a bag or series of bags containing sand. The rear bag can incorporate a vertical spacer (donut) as long as it does not contain horizontal or vertical adjustments. The vertical spacer shall not contain any protrusions which can be inserted into the bench top or the sand bag. The rear bag/s shall not be contained in any way.
B.9 Sand Bag: Sand bags must be made of leather and/or cloth (i.e. Condura) which are filled with sand, pliable and this material will be a maximum of 3mm or 0.12 inches in thickness across its general surface, the base only can be thicker for stability. Thickness can be tested at the seams of the bag. Solid leather, plastic or wooden bags covered in leather/material is not permitted Anti slip surfaces on the bags may be utilized. Talc or non slip compounds/ tapes can be used to aid tracking of the rifle.
9B.10 Restraint of Rifles: When rifle is raised straight up, the front and / or rear rest must not rise up with rifle. If the front and/ or rear rest raises up with rifle, the front and / or rear rest must be weighed with rifle to determine-eligibility. The Rifle can also be slid back and forward to determine if it’s being clamped in the rest.Front and/ or rear rifle rest cannot be used to restrain recoil of rifle. In general none of the competitor’s equipment may be attached to the bench. Tape on the sandbag is legal.
B.11 Guiding means: Any device, addition, contour or dimension on a rifle, designed to co-act with any equipment to guide its return to the firing position, without the necessity to re-aim the rifle optically for each shot shall be deemed illegal
WRABF current rules are as stated.
One piece rests and adjustable rear rests forbidden. Tethered air not allowed. Also note 9B.10 if interested in the World game.
Domestic USA rules and classes are only shot in USA. All scores and targets displayed elsewhere are shot as per WRABF rules for LV and HV. So if any are interested in competing at World level best to get used to it and the skills peculiar to WRABF well before your selection trials. Kind regards, Harry.

"CampFussell"Paul, I would have been a lot happier with your scores than the ones I did? And yeah, I need to thin out the herd.
So I can afford to spend the big bucks on a Thomas I guess? We'll see!

I was talking to Renae about selling the S500 and the Mrod and the Dragon. She say's "don't sell the Dragon" ?????? LOL
Who'd a thunk it?
Hey bud, tell me about your s500, I just picked up a high gloss s500 in .177, it so beautiful, trying to get some accuracy from it, message me and maybe trade info.. Thx Ken

Well, I finally made it to the 240 club three times in a row.
After several feeble attempts this morning in the wind and scores in the low 230's. I waited till later in the evening for the wind to die down.
Also I was trying a new grip on the earlier targets by barely touching the rifle and only squeezing the trigger with my thumb behind the grip for leverage. I went back to my regular grip for my last 3 targets.
I shot a 247 with 8 x's on the first one, and then dropped to a 244 with 5 x's, followed by a 241 with only 3 x's

Number 2 does look questionable, but the scoring gauge did touch the ten ring when inserted into the hole