• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

WRABF…..ERABSF…..USARB 25 meterTarget post 11/30/15

Just received a email from Alfred of Beaumont -he tells me that the RAW .30's are starting to show up ar events in the Netherlands and other parts ---
but the guys shooting them, remove the internal regulators and shoot with Aqua environment external regulators tethered to 88 cub tanks ?
also they are shooting at 265 meters per second - the 44 grain pellets? 
Comes out to around 869 fps --
euroupean matches seem to be predominantly shot with tethered rifles 
interesting though, to find out that under 900 fps seems to do the trick?
CK

I try not to get caught up on the number game, or barrel cleaning drama, I tend to work on the shooter. And I let the rifle talk to me...
Shot this at 110 meters yester evening, light varying winds. 50gr JSB. I didn't shoot for groups, I shot one shot then move to next bull then repeated. I chrony while I shot because I hadn't done so with 50gr.

2" spatter burst targets, shot on 20x Viper Pro scope

"Coldking"Just received a email from Alfred of Beaumont -he tells me that the RAW .30's are starting to show up ar events in the Netherlands and other parts ---
but the guys shooting them, remove the internal regulators and shoot with Aqua environment external regulators tethered to 88 cub tanks ?
also they are shooting at 265 meters per second - the 44 grain pellets? 
Comes out to around 869 fps --
euroupean matches seem to be predominantly shot with tethered rifles 
interesting though, to find out that under 900 fps seems to do the trick?
CK
There was a post on the RAW FB page about a EU match and someone asked what FPS they were shooting and Martin answered and one of them said they changed to like 870-880, but that comment is gone from the post now...

Good Shooting Salty - 
Percula what are the marks on the heads of those pellets?
i mean they look like magic marker marks?
Do they weigh the same as the others ?
Ive ordered a set of .30 cal resizing dies-
i really want to start shooting the 50 grain emperors out at the 100 yard mark - but think I would like to bump the FPS up to the 900s -
i do know that hammer spring and regulator will need to be worked out.....
but will be iinteresting to see what performance is gained or lost at higher energies 
Has anybody at your club shot the .357 RAW Percula ,Out to the 100 yard mark ?
CK

Those are untouched straight out of the tin. Been seeing that mark on the JSB 44, 50 and FX 46 pellets. It's smooth to the touch.

I haven't shot the 35cal but I hear before I got started with the club a few people tried it. No one is currently shooting one. I've hinted a couple of times I'd like to try it out ;) I imagine sooner or later I'll get to. Honestly I'd like a week or so to play with a 25cal, my 30cal and a 35cal. Or spend a few days at Mark's with his labradar and the 25cal and 35cal. I keep hearing that the 25cal has a "much" higher BC (0.05???) and most are pushing them well past 900fps, but have also heard that slower is better with the 25 in the wind...

"Goodtogo"
"Goodtogo"Where is a good place to order the USARB targets? I sent an email to Joe Friedrich a few days ago but no answer.

Not seen a reply yet. Should I wait or is there a back up place to order? And I have printed some but would like to have the regular targets.

edit: its been over a month.

i hear he's on vacation, I have in answered emails too. You can print some here http://www.phoenixairgun.net/targets

My first time shooting cards outdoors or past 25 yards. Just ordered some official BR targets that I will use in the next video. The targets I used did not have sighters . Both cards have 20 targets that are 1 1/2" round. Distance is 75 yards.

The Cricket was chronied right before shooting the cards. JSB 33.95 at 925 fps. Last I only had two cards, these were not cherry picked.

First card

Second Card