• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

WRABF…..ERABSF…..USARB 25 meterTarget post 11/30/15

Well it looks like Coldking kicked my A$$...the winds were very unstable in Temecula, kinda swirly with a lot of switch backs. You really needed to time your shots or your pellet will end up in a very undesirable location....but no excuses...Coldking had a much better card than I could produce today.

Here is my first card...245 6x

2nd card.....243 6X

3rd card....244 7X

For a total of 732 19X
I have got to learn to read the wind better!
Well that's my Match cards, I hope more will follow
Peace and Bullseye Grease
Mike Manabe

Tough break Mike, I had a Fri Sat yard sale with 2 families I was obligated to do. As we finished I went it say goodbye to my friend in his out bld and saw a like new Shopsmith with all the extras. He said he got it from some woman whose husband passed away.

He offered it to me for $250.00! So I was over there today getting it. Did not get time to do 2 more cards. Hey a $2000.00 Shopsmith mark V 510 for $250.00 !! Plus all the extras you can get for it

I can do cards another day....lol

Well I made a day of it. Started out with a killer breakfast on the picnic table. Thank you honey ;-)

Well, it was pretty much my poor shooting yet again. Couldn't even get into the 230's with the unregulated .177 Air Arms S500
Was shooting the 10.34 gr JSB's scope on 16 power......that's a high as it goes ;-)
All shots taken off Tack Driver bag with rear bag under butt stock. Targets at 28 yds outdoors lasered
All pellets shot right out of the tin. unsorted
Shot 2 cards with it. 224 w/ 4X and the second one at 224 and 3X

Then I brought out the unregulated .22 FX 400 for 3 cards
Shooting the 18.1 gr JSB's with scope on 24 power
226 w/1x
234 w/1x
237 w/2x

Then I brought out the .25 Cricket
Shooting 25.39 gr JSB's with scope on 24 power because 32 power was too fuzzy

Now the first card on this started out really scary with the sight in shots? Pellets all over the place????
Then I discovered the LDC on the end of the barrel was loose? I tightened it up and the groups tightened right back up ;-)

Shot a 239 with 7 X's on that card
Then screwed up the second card with a 229 and 3 X's

So, here's the only picture of the day with the .25 Cricket rifle's first card.
I scored it without the plug since the .25 cal makes such a big hole ;-)

"manabeknives"That's a great deal Paul....shoot the cards whenever you like...Guess these can be turned in all week long
Awesome shooting Mike. I don't know how you guys shoot so well in the wind ;-)
Hope you took lots of pics as usual and will do a Post on your shoot out at LD's
I can't even do that on a calm day!LOL
I couldn't even break 700 today with the FX?

Glad to hear that Mike. I have a load on my plate. I am trying to finish a group of Field Targets for a friend Chirs aka NCAirgunner. I owe him 4 targets for a Styer adjustable fore arm he gave me for the new gun. And it is hunting season and I have 3 tags left to fill. My dogs get pissed if I don't have enough venision treats to last the year.......... Lol

I wiil shoot tomorrow moring if not raining. I am curious to see if I can better the 1st card with the FX.

Hey Mike - 732 in a match - ain't to shabby! And third against the likes of LD also ---
lots of good photos - looks like lots of those USFT rifles? 
The wind truly is a bitch to beat! - seems like around here the only way to avoid the wind is to shoot indoors😁.
Jimmy, where's the.177 cal Cricket with the sightron scope?
Looks like a nice breakfast Renae served you - 
sundays don't get any better than that.
good Shooting by everybody this round 
CK 

CK.....Jimmy

Remember the old adage, "Beware the man who only has one gun, because he knows how to use it" !

This cones from the days of the frontier explorers. They usually had only one rifle and one pistol to depend on for food and defense. They also knew that rifle and every quirk it had to make it shoot striaight.

I'm hoping to do just that when the Styer gets back from AZ's.
But being addicted as I am I cannot be the one gun man......ever! And you two are way away from being one with your stable of rifles.....lol

Hey jimmy, don't feel too bad. Here is my attempt. The fist card was during the week and in a liitle wind. the 2nd and 3rd were in a 6 mph Southwest wind almost from behind me. I would start to get good 10's and then it would go to Crap. I can't wait for our adjustable rests... Mike is there antthing in the rules that you cannot use the adjustable rest on the back of the gun and a bag up frontt. I have problems getting it right squeezing the rear bag it seems....Here are my 3 attempts...

Uploaded at Snapagogo.com

"strikefast"... Mike is there antthing in the rules that you cannot use the adjustable rest on the back of the gun and a bag up frontt. I have problems getting it right squeezing the rear bag it seems....

I am not sure on that Paul, but I believe the rules state that you can not have an adjustable rest for the rear, only a bag

Rules and Classes
USA Production Class: Shooting will be off bags, bi-pods or a mechanical two piece rest, where the adjustment knobs are not used during the course of fire.
USA Hybrid Class: Shooting will be off bags, a bi-pod or an adjustable front rest. Front rests using electrically actuated or power components are allowed.
USA Open Class: Front rests using electrically actuated or powered components are not permitted. One piece rests are allowed.
USA Unlimited Class: Front rests using electrically actuated or powered components are allowed. One piece rests are allowed. .
USA Spring Piston Class: Rests: Two piece rests are allowed as referenced in Section B8.1-B11 of 2014 WRABF. Exceptions: Bipod use is allowed.
(2) USA international rifle classes,
Light Varmint and Heavy Varmint, outlined in the www.wrabf.com rule book.
WORLD & EUROPEAN RIMFIRE & AIR RIFLE BENCHREST RULES 2013 - 2021
Rests:
A front rest shall only support the front portion of the rifle. The rear rest shall only support the rear portion of the rifle. Neither rest may be attached to the bench, the rifle or each other i.e.: Both parts shall be moveable independently of each other.
B. 8.1 Front Rest: Generally the front rest or pedestal does not have restrictions in terms of weight, material and design for these devices. (See APPENDIX G)The front rest must incorporate a pliable bag containing sand.The front portion of the rifle shall contact no portion of the rest (other than a stop at the front of the rest that can be used to locate the distance that the rifle is moved towards the target) other than the bag containing the sand. The bottom of the fore end of the stock must form a 100% contact with the top of the sand bag. The rest can incorporate vertical and horizontal adjustments, with any appropriate mechanism used to achieve this.
B.8.2 Rear Rest: To be a bag or series of bags containing sand. The rear bag can incorporate a vertical spacer (donut) as long as it does not contain horizontal or vertical adjustments. The vertical spacer shall not contain any protrusions which can be inserted into the bench top or the sand bag. The rear bag/s shall not be contained in any way.
B.9 Sand Bag: Sand bags must be made of leather and/or cloth (i.e. Condura) which are filled with sand, pliable and this material will be a maximum of 3mm or 0.12 inches in thickness across its general surface, the base only can be thicker for stability. Thickness can be tested at the seams of the bag. Solid leather, plastic or wooden bags covered in leather/material is not permitted Anti slip surfaces on the bags may be utilized. Talc or non slip compounds/ tapes can be used to aid tracking of the rifle.
9B.10 Restraint of Rifles: When rifle is raised straight up, the front and / or rear rest must not rise up with rifle. If the front and/ or rear rest raises up with rifle, the front and / or rear rest must be weighed with rifle to determine-eligibility. The Rifle can also be slid back and forward to determine if it’s being clamped in the rest.Front and/ or rear rifle rest cannot be used to restrain recoil of rifle. In general none of the competitor’s equipment may be attached to the bench. Tape on the sandbag is legal.
B.11 Guiding means: Any device, addition, contour or dimension on a rifle, designed to co-act with any equipment to guide its return to the firing position, without the necessity to re-aim the rifle optically for each shot shall be deemed illegal