• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

WRABF…..ERABSF…..USARB 25 meterTarget post 11/30/15

Yes sir, the Grants Pass Club is the club I have made contact with via Mr. Ware. I was going to go and watch the shoot this Wed (14th) just to see if it looks like something I want to try and invest in. However, the weather forecast is for a foot of new snow on Wednesday to add to what we already have so I'm thinking the 3-hrs drive through the Cascade's passes is not going to happen.

I cannot participate in a match with my current rifle as I cannot get 25-30 good shots out of my 140cc air reservoir. In order to shoot the practice card today (just out of curiosity) I had to stop and fill my rifle twice to get through one card. :-(

If I decide to go forward with Airgun BR participation a new rifle will be in order.

"Strever"Jimmy i don't know why i keep calling you Ed ???
if you shoot .177 get the one i posted it has the .224 ring on it and does NOT open the hole
Target Tolerances & Scoring Aids
http://www.usairriflebenchrest.com/notes-from-the-bench/target-tolerances-scoring/embed/
the 22 plug is only for people shooting 22 caliber guns, it destroys the target for certified .177 scores
if you are a USARB sanctioned club shooting competition you may ask for and receive 2 sets for free
made just for USARB https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2-BOV91ldMSMEJGVmE2eEItdDg/view

Dick Strever

[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the great info Dick. I'll get the one you mentioned for the .177 caliber since that's what I shoot the most.
You can call me ED, I'll answer to anything ;-)
Jimmy

"Kim"Precharged Mr Strever is a superb shooter (holds the US record), enthusiastic teacher, and a very very nice fellow. I suggest you slog through the snow for this match and to meet Dick and the others. It will be worth it.

Kim
Kim, thanks for that endorsement regarding Mr. Strever and the group down in Grants Pass. I am going to try and make it as a spectator just to learn what this is all about and decide if I want to move forward with shooting airgun BR, :)

"CampFussell"
"Strever"Jimmy i don't know why i keep calling you Ed ???
if you shoot .177 get the one i posted it has the .224 ring on it and does NOT open the hole
Target Tolerances & Scoring Aids
http://www.usairriflebenchrest.com/notes-from-the-bench/target-tolerances-scoring/embed/
the 22 plug is only for people shooting 22 caliber guns, it destroys the target for certified .177 scores
if you are a USARB sanctioned club shooting competition you may ask for and receive 2 sets for free
made just for USARB https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2-BOV91ldMSMEJGVmE2eEItdDg/view

Dick Strever

Thanks for the great info Dick. I'll get the one you mentioned for the .177 caliber since that's what I shoot the most.
You can call me ED, I'll answer to anything ;-)
Jimmy

[/QUOTE]
Read the rules again guys. A .22 caliber scoring plug will be used for sanctioned USARB benchrest matches (even for those shooting .177 caliber). Sanctioned clubs will be provided two plugs and an illuminated magnifier by the USARB.

If the plugs are inserted properly and then somebody with average eyes scores them there will be no problems -
but as I said in emails that I sent out yesterday - if we are going to follow the rules -we can't just pick the ones we like?
there must be a wailing wall - and a period of time given for all contestants to visually review each shooters scorecards 
as happened at the shoot this weekend -there were 3 obvious and two questionable errors on one of my cards - I had to dig through a pile to find a card -and normally these cards are then taken home by the match director ?i have no idea why we don't get our cards at the end of each match?? 
But Then the person who scored the card originally begrudgingly changed the score on my card to reflect the corrected error's not that they had any effect on the outcome of this partular match ......but 3 points can definitely make a big difference in an outcome? no?
and I don't believe contestants should be scoring each other's cards -it has the ring of impropriety -
I finally received the cards from the September shoot - and low and behold 3 obvious errors that indeed would have changed the outcome of that match -
If we are going to shoot and call it fun then so be it - no winners or losers -
but I don't want to hear the nonsense of a plug expanding a hole - or other BS excuses for errors - I even heard that we are not shooting at the Olympic's? Ok so why bother with this win/lose formality - I was even given - anecdotes to field target - and you can't control whether the target will fall when hit or grass will grow to cause a distortion ? Huh?
all out of our control but scoring properly should be well within our control- and again -just follow the rules !
if replugging enlarges the holes then one of the cards in my posesiton That I scored as a 9 but by replugging and replugging-- should have become a ten? Right-all that expansion -!! 
it's still a nine -and still on this other persons card ---and still was scored as a 10 - that hasn't changed -
I suggest we follow the rules in their entirety 
ive got both style plugs and can say that they both have the.224 shank and a taper plug that ends up at .1859" - close enough for government t work !
rules guys -Rules 
CK

Frank
if you mean a correct plug is inserted properly yes it can be scored no problem
but a 22 caliber diameter plug inserted into a .177 shot hole will NEVER be properly scored = CAN NOT be scored properly
and yes any match that wants to be taken seriously will have a wailing wall ability be it post on a wall or laying out on a table for all to see and be disputed
if the scoring is done with correct equipment in public with all watching it can be considered pretty legit
& yes you should be able to take your targets home
BUT
once they leave the range masters possession they can not be disputed
hope this helps answer what can & should be done for a good USARB Match

Dick
"Coldking"If the plugs are inserted properly and then somebody with average eyes scores them there will be no problems -
there must be a wailing wall - and a period of time given for all contestants to visually review each shooters scorecards 

CK

Well - just got my barrel back from Jim Gaska of Marmot Militia- and all I can say is WOW! 
Jim recrowned and re inletted the barrel -plus spent countless time lapping and polishing the bore -
I am excited! 
This card was just shot minutes ago - windy conditions but not one flyer!
also this card is unplugged - it is as you see it!

cheers 
CK
P.S 
on visual I'd say the card appears to be perfect - a 250 with 25 Xs 
cant get any better than that - 

"Salticon"Write up from the 25m match in Desoto Florida this past weekend.
http://home.earthlink.net/~desotoairgunners/id215.htm
The Benchrest season finale was held at the DeSoto Airgunner’s club in Arcadia, Florida on Sunday, December 11, 2016. A very encouraging turnout of 14 shooters were there, two of which shot both HV and LV. The weather was beautiful around 80 degrees with low humidity, but the winds were turbulent. This made it very challenging for all shooters. Thanks to Ron Zeman, Match Director and his very talented helpers, Colin Pilkington and Jack Rainey, who basically did the majority of the heavy lifting.
Here are are the results:
Heavy Varmint:
  1.  Ken Hicks-BM500, Weaver T36, JSB 13.4: 245-5X, 248-8X, 244-7X, 736-20X
  2. Paul Stakun-TM1000, Mueller 8-32, JSB 13.4: 241-2X, 242-2X, 242-5X, 725-9X
  3. Frank Mendola-Thomas, March ED35, JSB 13.4: 241-7X, 229-2X, 242-5X, 712-14X
  4. Donovan Taylor- ISP Airstream, Leupold BR36, JSB 8.4: 230-0X, 234-0X, 238-2X, 702-2X
  5. Ron Zeman-Steyr LG100HP, Nightforce 36FT, JSB 10.3: 230-2X, 239-2X, 226-2X, 695-6X
  6. Cliff Smith-TM1000, BSA 10-50, AA 8.4: 229-2X, 228-1X, 224-1X, 681-4X
  7. Bill Shade-USFT, Sightron III, JSB 10-3: 230-1X, 227-0X, 222-3X, 679-4X
  8. Colin Pilkington-Marauder, Hawke 8-32, AA 10.3: 219-0X, 227-1X, 225-4X, 671-5X
  9. Jack Rainey-AA200 TA, Hawke 8-32, JSB 8.4: 224-2X, 217-0X, 227-0X, 668-2X
  10. Dennis Kirk-Marauder, Centerpoint 4-16, JSB .22: 218-3X, 231-2X, 214-1X, 663-6X
  11. Otis Davis-AA EV2, Sightron III, AA 8.4: 220-1X, 225-0X, 215-0X, 660-1X
  12. Bill Beaman-BSA R10, Leapers 8-32, AA 10.3: 227-2X, 218-0X, 211-0X, 656-2X
    [/LIST=1]
    Light Varmint:
    1.  Frank Mendola-Thomas, March ED35, JSB 8.4: 242-6X, 240-0X, 241-6X, 723-12X
    2. Paul Stakun-HM1000, Mueller 8-32, AA 8.4: 228-1X, 238-3X, 236-3X, 702-7X
      [/LIST=1]
      Springer:
      1. Lindsey Matthews-TX200, Bushnell 6-24, AA 8.4: 188-0X, 209-1X, 218-0X, 615-1X 
        [/LIST=1]