• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

WRABF…..ERABSF…..USARB 25 meterTarget post 11/30/15

That would be Kool ! It's actually good practice -
in doping the winds -- but I do believe most of the participants shoot HV- what we really need is an event that has the three classes to shoot-- what does each require in time ?
2 hours ? So we need to get there early shoot LV in the 9 am slot then move to HV -then open - probably take us to the 3 pm finish? Full day of fun😬
Also would be great when we all get .30 cals to shoot a 50 yard match or 100 yard? I did order the cards from Joe Friedrich - just can't practice with the .223 Beaumont anymore on the property - even suppressed - it breaks the sound barrier -very unhappy neighbor's 
SALTY -I TRIED TO TEXT YOU THE OTHER DAY- all texts came back as undelivered? I WANTED TO TELL YOU THE SAME THING - JUST TALKING SMACK -- 
WE ARE COOL -

but better bring that a Game with you ! 
CK

i havn't seen any text from ya CK, Talk to Martin, i may have my .30 in next 2 weeks, love to bring it to Desoto for revailing. my BM actually does well at 50 yards shooting 8 gr pellets, shot a 205-5x messing around with 25m target, funny thing is the scope zero is almost the same at 50 with 8gr and 13gr at 25m,... i may turn my R10 down for LV, but i want to shot HV as well in Desoto.

We probably shouldn't push our hosts -?
shoot the HV? 
But would be nice to plan a event that encompasses the three classes or LV@ HV plus a 50 yard with them.30s- 
cant wait to get the RAW .30 - mid to end of January ?
wonder what next year will bring us for competitions ?
sure wish I could retire soon -hell I'd like to do a setup with 10 to 15 concrete benches -
and monthly shoots
I'm still trying to decide if I should invest in an air/head gage sizer ?
seems like using a caliper or my micrometer is way to slow! 
But wonder what success guys are having with that round plate with the head size holes in it?
CK 

Yes Sharroff -ive seen them on other forums -also the air compressor actuated - comparator 
I think Dan Brown and Mark Bucanun builds them -
I shot thiscset just awhile ago -
shooting the 13 grain monsters from the standard twist barrel -

i just pulled these out of the tin -unweighed didn't head size -lube etc
but they are labeled 4.52mm-
even though using a caliper or my micrometer shows them to be 4.48mm?
cheers 
CK

"Coldking"I just ordered a pellet head gauge for them.177 cal- so thanks Sharroff -
i will try this before spending larger sums on an air compressor actuated air comparator -head Sizer 
cheers
CK
Most of my experience is with JSB 30cal... where the tin will be labeled "7.62". The closest I've come to that was (2) tins of (150) FX/JSB 46gr that produced (12) out of (300) pellets at 7.62, the rest where larger...

So far its looking like my RAW BM500x 30cal prefers the smaller pellets, towards the 7.62mm size, which makes since as many have reported the 44gr JSB working the best in the gun, which IME tend to be smaller than the 51gr JSB.

I thinking about investing in a Lee bullet resizing die set and press. Seems like a small amount of money to get consistent head sizes. Especially since it seems about ~85% of the tins I've sorted are larger than 7.62mm. You can get the custom size dies for ~$40. (http://leeprecision.com/bullet-casting/lube-and-sizing-kit/)

I'd like to hear more about the re-head sizing as well 
I'd thought about buying a swage tool From Corbin -
maybe it's also the device to resize heads ?
ive has good luck with the JSB 50 grain pellets but not in a competition setting minute of squirrels to be precise😬
'But the smaller caliber seems to be were the most inconsistencies are -
nothing is as labeled - Pavel of JSB tells me that the beasts should be 4.52 mm head -
havent found one yet ! 
Would be great to make your own if they could one up the QC that we are now getting
cheers 
CK

My tm-1000 barrel really likes the 13gr monsters head size 4.55, tins vary in size from 4.53 to 4.56! That seems pretty consistant to me? The 4.53's & .54's ( most fall in this range )produce flyers though!, I need to make head size bigger not smaller, don't think there's a die to accomplish this? As far as time is concerned I would rather just size,verses measure then size!