• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

WRABF…..ERABSF…..USARB 25 meterTarget post 11/30/15

Thanks Paul -
shooting the 13 grain monsters at 19.8 FTLBs 
learning that the Orlando flags are really slow to pick up quick changes in winds --
also since I cut down all the foliage and trees along the fence line - really has caused more winds and constantly shifting directions --
good practice though -
I can't believe that we still have blustery conditions - seems like the hurricane never left!
cheers 
CK

Hello nomojo65
I use Orlando wind flags at the moment --http://www.orlandowindflags.com/custom-propellers.html
but they really aren't fast enough for me---- also the quality seems to be a bit lacking -seems like they don't have much in the way of longevity?
im ordering several other brands to check out ---they need to be extremely sensitive to pick up even the slight breezes that can wreak havoc on that score card!
as to thermals coming off the ground? Not sure there's an instrument to read that -- maybe somebody else might chime in?
but it's all about their design and sensitivity - I've heard of somebody using magnets to create frictionless bearings ---
cheers 
CK

Unfortunately the suppressor is a no go -
I've tried several brands including a couple Neil Clague's but experienced unusual poi shifts throughout the shoots --
thought maybe was due to windy conditions -so I waited till night- with minimal winds - 
and sad to say - first shot in the X -second shot in the black- 
so that's the end of trying to suppress the Thomas -
wanted to be neighborly but ............
Apparently several others have tried to suppress the Thomas and have had the same result - weird unexplainable flyers -
regards 
CK 

It was brand new - but removed each time of cleaning - but at one point ran a swab down it- was clean. Also is a .22 cal suppressor -
hell I'd even tried my monster .45 cal Beaumont suppressor -same poi shifts -
I'm told that even Jim Stanis tried to suppress his with the same result -
I really wanted to keep it quiet since I shoot so much in the back --
but I give up!
CK