• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

WRABF…..ERABSF…..USARB 25 meterTarget post 11/30/15

I see 9 shooters at the match with equipment listed using .22 cal. About the Orion with 25 shooters and 3 relays, scoring would take a lot of time or a lot of help, with the scoring system it takes about 8-10 per relay for the computer to scan the targets. At the end they look at all the target for any gross error and then post the scores at that time a person can look at a print out of your scores and if you what you can protest them and they will recheck that bull with you looking on to see the outcome.

Here is a link to the equipment list http://media.wix.com/ugd/78585b_ce1d40aea42d411cbf48cfcd41a0906a.pdf

The range is toward the right, with target stands set up at 25M and 50Y. The large trees behind the benches have been removed since this image was taken. The avocados likely reduce wind compared to an open field.

When I've shot there usually winds are calm early in the morning, pick up late morning, and are strongest in the afternoon. More experienced shooters say it's one of the toughest ranges - not because the wind is high but because of strange things it does. Like getting flyers in dead calm, or holding for a L>R wind only to have POI hit left of POA.

They say last year's Nationals were atypically calm for Open Grove, hence the high scores.

Thanks for the info Kim. 
Ive heard many stories about Open Grove, and them swirling winds --someone told me that thermals cause pellet deflection from the air rising off the ground?
also about the mysterious flyers on dead calm- or perceived dead calm -
when I shot at Salem, was the strangest wind conditions I'd seen to date. You'd look at wind flags in the next lane over, flags going left to right- but on the lane opposite -
right to left? Crazy wind patterns - Some said its called the Salem swirl😬
Guess each of these venues has its legendary QUIRKS ? 
Should be a hoot to Shoot -- 
I look forward to meeting you and the rest of the Gang--
'CK 

We guys finally had time to shoot the BM500, I indexed the barrel, it made a pretty 2" circle.
from what I understand the smaller the circle the straighter the barrel is.

Cleaned the barrel real good and shot cards, 2nd card was 250! My first ever!
never pulled a single patch, shot nothing lower than a 745-25x
best was 748-47x

Shot is some pretty good, up to 5-10 mph, gust14-15mph
imagepng
.html

"Coldking"Looks like you've got a real winner there, Ken! 
Should be a really competitive rig
and good looks as well!
shooting 13 grain JSBs ?
regards 
CK 
P.S 
'might need to check into one of those rifles for a 50 yard gun- add a .22 cal barrel and bump up the velocity to the 35 FTLb zone --
probably be a real tack driver out to 50?

yes im using 13gr at 25m, but they dont shoot well at 50yd, i shot a 232 at 50 w/10gr still 19fpe

Yes - Open Class is to 35 FTLB- ( I think at the moment open and unlimited are the 2 classes being shot at 50?)
i do believe them .22 caliber Sumos get close to that? Shoot great out to 50 yards---
id shoot my Steyr but worry about its ability to shoot 75 consecutive shots --- 
also would need to remove the schroud and up the regulator to push them 18 grain pellets a wee bit faster -
CK

Well I just got my Chip Smith Rest -
'feels really good -butter smooth up/down -
can't wait to put her though her paces -
'but to damn hot and humid -
maybe before dark ?or early AM 

she is a heavyweight - 
The thing I immediately like is that you can use your own bag.
i was scheduled to have a gentleman make me a front top to acomadate a 3" bag of my choosing -for the Randolph rest .
cheers 
CK

CK here at Phoenix Airgun Club we let the shooter pick what class they want to shoot in. With the number of shooters and to shoot each class seperate, one for LV, one for HV, and then for Open would take all day. The temperature here in the summer just does not allow that, the June match which ended about 11:30 in the moring the temp was already above 105. The high for that day was 113, not fun.