• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

WRABF…..ERABSF…..USARB 25 meterTarget post 11/30/15

CK,

No doubts here. Take a great barrel and a powerplant that only varies by 5fps, add someone with great trigger control and wind reading and the only variable left is the pellets. I'm 95% sure those cards didn't come from taking pellets straight from the tin. Care to share you pellection selection / prep with us to give us a chance at chasing you?

My gun has been with AZ for a couple of months now getting it's power plant worked over and waiting for my barrel so maybe I'll be able to give ya a run one of these days. Told AZ if he can't consistently keep it inside of 3/8 at 55yds I don't want it back! Ought to be pretty good at 25M :) if not, I just might have to sell a couple of toys and get me one of those Thomas FT rigs. 

Well -- there are some secrets 😬--
but yes the pellet is an air rifles Achilles heal so to speak---
but if I were you, I'd get a down payment on a Thomas ASAP- 
most consistant rifle I've shot to date - for its intended purpose 
at the moment I, working on my 3 card -
'will post photos soon -apears that the plastic has done the trick as far as shedding is concerned 
more in a bit
CK

Kim.

Anyone that invests the $ in gear, tuning, and shooting time and is passionate enough (or nutty enough) to clean a barrel with the toxic brew that frank has tried is gonna find their 750's. I don't know of many folks that are willing to take their base gun and write the kind of checks it takes for someone like AZ to create one of his best. Rumor has it that even Thomas BR's are in AZ's hands getting massaged.....

Sharrof, I had Alan do my Styer LG110 FT model last Dec. I can tell you when it comes back it will be right. On a windless day I can put 5-10 pellets in under a dime at 55 yards. Off a tack Driver bag and rear bag! If you have Franks skills and a good adjustable front rest I would imagine it to be even better. After this years AAFTA nationals for field target I intend to get back to trying my hand at BR. I bought a Bald Eagle front adjustable rest thatIi removed the cable control and installed a knob direct. The cable was too glitchy.

I have not tried any cards with the rest and it is just sitting waiting.

AZ's tune has this gun placing hole in hole at 30 yards with no wind off a bag. My gun has an Anshutz barrel and metal regulator. If you are getting his moderator, you won't believe how quiet it is. People hearing mine for the first time ask me whats the matter with the rifle, as you only hear the clink of the hammer stroke! very cool....

Post some shots when you get your gun back....! 

CK,

Not sharing the secrets, eh? Guess I need to send the drone over for some flight practice in your wind and see what it sees. I better get moving before you get that tent up!

I'm holding off to see what I get back from Alan. The only thing that is going to be left of the original LG 100 is the body holding it all together. It ought to be able to go side by side with a Thomas. I'd invest in a Thomas but I'm guessing like all other top end guns you get the handful of magical guns and then have those that are great but not a single hole gun. I'd hate to put of the $$ and find it's not one hole at 25M. I lucked into finding one of the magical Winchester 52B heavies that I'd never part with. You'd think at 50 yards I'd only fired one round at the target, and she'll do that all day long. 

Sharrof, BTW Mike was just visiting and shooting in our club match 2 weeks ago here in NC. Great guy to spend time with. His guns are top notch!

3 of our club members have them and I am looking hard as his new carbine/pistol version he just developed. Three guns in one !

A 20 FPE rifle, a 12FPE rifle and removing the stock a AAFTA legal pistol....Its the Sh1t....

Well I just finished another set - seems like the plastic signs do the trick? Dint notice any tattered holes -
but this weather is a killer - 
sorry to say to the Naysayers but shot another 750 with 49Xs --😫
Hey I tried to throw a couple of 9s at yah - even have wind and extreme heat! 
After the set -I needed to remove the quick silver from my slow twist barrel - always fun suiting up with hazmat gear ! 
But im going to need to practice open class and the dreaded LV class- really ain't my favorite but ----

do the holes look any better? 
You can't go wrong with an Allen Z tune- he is the Master of all things air gun! 
My Steyr Hunter high power is mouse fart quiet with Allens schroud-- 
'Sharroff - when you get a Thomas -I'd be more than happy to share some inside details with you--and you are right- a few Thomas's have made their way in that direction just for some tweaking - not to be confused with Twerking 😆
'as to lemons - I discuss this with my A/C customers daily- call it the lemon factor - From Trane to Carrier - so many lemons per hundred-
it's just the way it is? Some are magical and some are the preverbal nightmare --
but what separates the wheat from the chaff is how the problems are handled after the sale --
in most cases far greater impact than the actual product 
also something that seems to be disappearing with an alarming rate --
some time today I've got to do yard work!- LOL
ill keep a look out for them drones!😬
CK

Strikefast,

Showing pictures of that was not nice. My checkbook and I no longer like you.

CK,

I'd say nice shooting but that's getting kinda redundant and self evident at this point.

I don't mess around with air whether it's in the gun form or house form. I'm running a Byrant Evolution 987MA furnace and 189BN air conditioner both tied of course to the Evolution control. Nothing like talking to ones HVAC from 1000 miles away on an iphone!

With your shooting skills you think I'm flying low enough for you to see it? HA! Not a chance. 

Yes, it is a carbine version of his Thomas rifle. It still converts to 20 or 12 FPE and is carbine length. You take the stock off the back and it is a then a pistol. It is legal for AAFTA sanctioned matches. The barrel is 14.9" and falls under the 15" limit requirement under AAFTA rules.

You can shoot open, WFTF, and pistol matches with the one gun.

He showed me a photo of 30 shots at 50 yards and it was 1 ragged hole....

Finished cutting grass- what a pain in the arsse -- the lawn tractor was stuck in the muck- in the very back of the yard- had to use a come along and brute force to get er unstuck! By that time it was hotter than hell- so showered and waited for the daily monsoons - sure enough - just a bit ago winds picked up and the sky's got dark -really pleasant to shoot in with the exception of the winds! 

photographed card three UNPLUGGED TO SHOW HOW CLEAN THE PLASTIC BACKERS WORK - 
BUT THE FINAL SCORE WAS A 750 WITH 49 Xs 
gotta shower again! And go to a family cookout - will watch the light show from my sisters house 
Happy Fourth of July !!
CK